Sub-editor, Physical Sciences & Engineering (Bengaluru)
We are looking for Sub-editors in the field of Physical Sciences & Engineering.
Role and Responsibilities:
As a Sub-editor, you will be required to edit and format manuscripts to ensure that they meet the standards of international publications.
You will report to a Team Manager.
1. Global exposure: At CACTUS, you will be exposed to research carried out worldwide and will get an insider’s view of the burgeoning, multi-million-dollar publishing industry. You will also have unlimited access to exclusive interviews with industry experts, articles on the latest industry trends, and publication and writing tips on our learning and discussion platform.
2. Culture & Team: Our core values are Trust, Excellence, Integrity, Communication, Innovation, and Fun. By internalizing these and maintaining a culture of high performance, our dedicated team works together to achieve exceptional customer satisfaction.
3. Learn & Grow: You will be trained to become adept at editing academic manuscripts. Our goal is to help you build a career with us. We do this by creating an environment where you will grow both personally and professionally.
4. Satisfaction & Recognition: As part of our editing team, you will directly work with authors. We facilitate the dissemination of research by helping authors overcome some of the many challenges in the publication process. We ensure that good performance is recognized and rewarded in a timely manner and offer competitive salaries on par with industry standards.
- A degree (bachelor’s, master’s, Ph.D., etc.) in Physical Sciences or Engineering
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent written English skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Awards and Recognition:
- Cactus Communications has consistently ranked among the top 20 on the global list of the Top 100 Companies for Telecommute Jobs (Forbes.com) since 2016.
- Recognized as one of the Best Companies for Millennials by Times Ascent and Learning & Organisation Development Roundtable (2019).
- Emerged as one of the top 10 companies determined as a safe workplace for women in India in a survey conducted by Rainmaker (2019).
- Ranked #1 among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces by Great Place to Work® Institute (2017).
Job location: Bengaluru
- Application process
How to apply:
- Take this short practice test to get a sense of the type of questions asked: bit.ly/mock-mcqs
- Got most of them correct? Proceed to the actual test: http://bit.ly/wecacedit
- Not quite there yet? Take this free self-paced course on the basics of language and editing: bit.ly/cactuseditingbasics
Once you are done, you should be better prepared for the actual test.
If you face any difficulties while attempting the test, email us at email@example.com.
For other open positions, visit cactusglobal.com/careers
Note: This is a fulltime opportunity, not part-time or freelance