Web Copywriter, Marketing
Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com ) is a leading provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English language workshops, transcription, and translation. Our company mission is to enable growth through effective communication.
Editage (www.editage.com) , a division of Cactus Communications is a consumer-technology business that helps researchers, scientists, and doctors overcome barriers of the English language in getting their cutting-edge research published globally. Having worked with over 250,000 scientists globally, supporting almost a million papers, Editage is now working with societies, publishers and universities to help bring the worlds best and most important research to the public around the world, thinking beyond the traditional article that has served research publishing for over 2 centuries.
CACTUS is a performance-driven company that offers excellent professional and personal growth opportunities to its employees.
The work environment is very employee-friendly, and CACTUS was placed 1st among mid-sized Indian companies in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey: http://bit.ly/2uiJmUv
About the role
We’re looking for a web copywriter who has a fantastic command over English; a keen understanding of basic marketing concepts like landing pages, service descriptions etc.; and an engaging writing style that allows key messages to shine through as quick takeaways.
Editage has websites in English, Chinese, and Japanese and serves a global audience through several web properties. Our ideal candidate for the Web Copywriter position would be one who can convert concepts into clear and convincing written marketing material that does not lose its essence or impact even when translated.
Using various channels like web pages, landing pages, banner ads, and brochures, the Web Copywriter would be expected to create strong pitches that stir an emotional connect and elicit a call to action.
- Writing content for web properties, custom landing pages, brochures, banners, and email campaigns
- Repositioning and repurposing existing marketing content and collateral for better impact
- Understanding concepts, new services, campaigns, and desired messaging from key business stakeholders and converting it into lucid and engaging writing that talks to customers
Desired skills & experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably related to marketing or communications
- Excellent spoken and written English skills with a flair for writing
- 2-3 years’ experience in web copy writing, blogs etc. Fresher’s are welcome to apply; however some previous project/internship experience in web copywriting/blogs is preferred
- Ability to understand and simplify complex concepts
- Basic understanding of marketing concepts is preferred
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with effective time management
1. Global exposure: We have clients across the globe and teams working from our international offices. So you can be assured that you get the best experience in terms of the profile you handle.
2. Culture & Team: We never stop recruiting the best people because without an amazing team nothing is possible. People at CACTUS are awesome to work with, driven, smart and know how to get things done like nobody else.
3. Learn & Grow: Our goal is to keep you as long possible and help you build a career with us. We do this by creating an environment where you will grow both personally and professionally.
4. Satisfaction & Recognition: With some of the biggest names across the globe as existing clients, doors will open and conversations will flow. You will see the results of your efforts translate into maximum impact. With a competitive salary and our recognition programs, you will be rewarded for your success.