Who we are and what we do
Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com) is a provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English-language workshops, transcription, and translation. CACTUS offers these services to two key client segments worldwide: Academia (researchers, scholarly journals and publishers, universities, and academic societies) through our flagship brand (https://www.editage.com/) and Pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies. We have our offices in the US, UK, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore and China. Our full-time in-house staff consists of over 700 people and represents a diverse group of people from India, China, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, the US, UK, Germany, and Brazil. We also work with over 2500 contractors from around the world.
CACTUS recently ranked #1 among mid-sized companies to work for in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey.
We’ve been also ranked #18 in 25 Best Small & Medium Workplaces in Asia – 2018, a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute
We are proud to finish in the 2018 Top 100 Companies for Remote Jobs by FlexJobs! This is the third year for CACTUS to finish in the top 20.
About the role
We’re looking for a Web Copywriter who has a fantastic command over English; a keen understanding of basic marketing concepts like landing pages, service descriptions etc.; and an engaging writing style that allows key messages to shine through as quick takeaways.
Editage has websites in English, Chinese, and Japanese and serves a global audience through several web properties. Our ideal candidate for the Web Copywriter position would be one who can convert concepts into clear and convincing written marketing material that does not lose its essence or impact even when translated.
Using various channels like web pages, landing pages, banner ads, and brochures, the Web Copywriter would be expected to create strong pitches that stir an emotional connect and elicit a call to action.
- Writing content for web properties, custom landing pages, brochures, banners, and email campaigns
- Repositioning and repurposing existing marketing content and collateral for better impact
- Understanding concepts, new services, campaigns, and desired messaging from key business stakeholders and converting it into lucid and engaging writing that talks to customers
Desired skills & experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably related to marketing or communications
- Excellent spoken and written English skills with a flair for writing
- 2-3 years’ experience in web copy writing, blogs etc. Fresher’s are welcome to apply; however some previous project/internship experience in web copywriting/blogs is preferred
- Ability to understand and simplify complex concepts
- Basic understanding of marketing concepts is preferred
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with effective time management
- Global exposure: We have clients across the globe and teams working from our international offices. So you can be assured that you get the best experience in terms of the profile you handle.
- Culture & Team: We never stop recruiting the best people because without an amazing team nothing is possible. People at CACTUS are awesome to work with, driven, smart and know how to get things done like nobody else.
- Learn & Grow: Our goal is to keep you as long possible and help you build a career with us. We do this by creating an environment where you will grow both personally and professionally.
- Satisfaction & Recognition: With some of the biggest names across the globe as existing clients, doors will open and conversations will flow. You will see the results of your efforts translate into maximum impact. With a competitive salary and our recognition programmes, you will be rewarded for your success.