Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com ) is a leading provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English language workshops, transcription, and translation. Our company mission is to enable growth through effective communication.
Editage (www.editage.com), a division of Cactus Communications is a consumer-technology business that helps researchers, scientists and doctors overcome barriers of the English language in getting their cutting-edge research published globally. Having worked with over 250,000 scientists globally, supporting almost a million papers, Editage is now working with societies, publishers and universities to help bring the world’s best and most important research to public around the world, thinking beyond the traditional article that has served research publishing for over 2 centuries.
Note on Product
Scholarly / Academic research is a niche domain with its own world of stakeholders, events, happenings, problem statements and solutions. But from a product and services perspective, there are opportunities just like any other mass-market segment, maybe more.
If you think about it - Right from someone thinking ‘Hey, I want to make the world a better place by doing a research on de-mystifying XYZ’ to that person ‘actually being able to do it and share with everyone’, it’s a vast journey that he and his fellow researchers take up.
The domain involves research students, scientists, large and small publishers, service providers, suppliers and vendors, institutions, many other private and public bodies, etc. and also all of us who are a part of the global society. CACTUS’ new global consumer initiative touches all of them in terms of needs, solutions, products and services. Whether it’s about making research better, or about saving time for the researcher by simplifying his non-research needs or helping the right people connect – the product portfolio will cater to any to every use case which makes a difference to these stakeholders and solves their problem(s). We are up for the challenge.
CACTUS is already an established global brand in this space and is known for the EDITAGE product and services for last 2 decades now, and is now looking for the right set of people to join us in our next wave of ‘making it happen’.
- Build a strong team that leads the compelling and creative experiences that strike a balance between the consumers’ intent and the business’s needs
- Play the strategic role of aligning the product’s roadmap with consumer/market needs, hereby, creating balanced and elegant product solutions amidst constraints in the product’s technical framework.
- Produce user-centered and high-quality visual designs for web and mobile devices.
- Act as the thought leader of the UX department, having excellent leadership skills to move his team towards a unified vision
- Review (test) implementation of designs in the application once developed.
- Prioritize and plan tasks on a weekly basis for the team and deliver against agreed upon timelines
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams like leadership group, stakeholders, business users, product managers, developers, and other designers.
- Create and advance product visual style guides and pattern libraries.
You fit the bill if you have:
- Minimum 2 – 6 years relevant work experience.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work of user-centered and high-quality visual design solutions
- Degree/Certification in user experience
- Degree in design – Graphic design/ Web design/ interaction design
- Formal exposure to usability and HCI guidelines
- The propensity for clean, simplified design balanced with tasteful visual design details.
- In-depth understanding of how design impacts development (and vice versa) to ensure the technical feasibility of designs.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools Adobe Creative Suite, Balsamiq, Invision.
- Awareness of the design process, design best practices, and industry trends.