About the Technology team at CACTUS
We are a team of 60+ extremely agile and driven Techies. We are hosted completely on Amazon cloud and are proud of our ability to achieve 1-min deployments and to scale our hardware capacity up and down in minutes. The secret ingredient of our development recipe includes large portions of agile development with hints of extreme programming for Editage our Primary Line of Business. Laravel, PHP, query, Solr, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, nodejs, angular, mongodb, python, ansible, graylog, and new relic are few of the many technologies/services we employ. Unlike most techies, we are extremely social and believe that happiness levels are directly related to performance. We are very generous with our lunchboxes, quirky actions, smiles, and pranks – all of which help us maintain a charged up work environment. What’s more - with the best work hours ethic in the industry and a company policy that takes fun very seriously, we make sure that we work hard and party harder!
PS: If you are a foodie, join us for the daily delicious breakfast.
The Technology team at CACTUS is looking for a UI Developer to develop mobile friendly, SEO optimized websites following industry level coding standards. Web & Graphics team within Technology is the support system for most of the online marketing activities. We closely work with marketing managers on different marketing websites on day to basis, creating marketing material required for online promotions like landing pages / newsletters / mailers.
As a UI developer you will be a part of the Web & Graphics team and will be working on the website following latest web trends ensuring on time quality output after understanding the market specific requirement.
Your roles and responsibilities would include -
- Creating user friendly interfaces & websites using HTML5, CSS3, SCSS, jQuery & Angular.
- Understanding business requirements and a strong focus on client user experiences.
- Deliver high quality technical designs with high performance, scalability, flexibility and maintainability.
- Research, implement and help deriving innovative UI solutions.
- Code new features and enhancements across several web apps.
- Working collaboratively with Product Management and UX Designers to understand business requirements and user experience.
- Working closely with Software Engineering and QA team.
- Working and test with multiple browser versions (IE, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.).
- Works as part of an Agile development team.
- Developing and maintaining responsive mobile-friendly online applications in different languages for different markets like English, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Portuguese, etc.
- Support product managers, UX experts, software engineers and QAs on building strong online applications that enables business growth and supports our customers.
You fit the bill if you –
- Have 2+ years of front end development experience using HTML, HTML5, CSS3, SCSS, jQuery and Angular.
- Have excellent communication skills & should be able to understand the requirements clearly.
- Have strong focus on user experience and a relentless drive for quality.
- Are Passionate, adaptable, flexible, independent and self-motivated individuals who take initiative and ownership of projects are desired.
- Know Responsive Web Development and Media Queries using CSS3.
- Have experience working on Content Management Systems (Wordpress or Drupal).
- Have experience working on Photoshop (Designs to Prototypes).
- Performance Testing experience.
- Have experience building large consumer web applications.
- Have an understanding of how to integrate the front-end to back-end.