Who we are:
Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com ) is a leading provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English language workshops, transcription, and translation. Our company mission is to enable growth through effective communication.
Editage (www.editage.com), a division of Cactus Communications is a consumer-technology business that helps researchers, scientists and doctors overcome barriers of the English language in getting their cutting-edge research published globally. Having worked with over 250,000 scientists globally, supporting almost a million papers, Editage is now working with societies, publishers and universities to help bring the world’s best and most important research to public around the world, thinking beyond the traditional article that has served research publishing for over 2 centuries.
People with an international work experience will feel at home with the work culture at CACTUS.
CACTUS was placed 1st among mid-sized Indian companies in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey: http://bit.ly/2uiJmUv
We were recently ranked #18 in the top 25 Best Small & Medium Workplaces in Asia – 2018, a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute
CACTUS was also ranked 1st as Best Organization for Women Empowerment / Women Talent Development in 2019
About our technology team
We are a team of 100+ extremely agile and driven Techies. We are hosted completely on Amazon cloud and are proud of our ability to achieve 1-min deployments and to scale our hardware capacity up and down in minutes.
As a UI designer, you would be primarily tasked with designing screens and pages of CACTUS' internal and customer facing products.
S/he would responsible to:
- Visually communicate the path that a UX designer has laid out.
- Take usability decisions that influence the presentation and layout of content on the page.
- Create, maintain and advance a cohesive style guide and ensure a consistent design language is applied across the product.
- Produce user-centered and high-quality visual designs for web and mobile devices.
- Create and deliver visual assets (logos, icons, etc) as required by front-end teams for the implementation of the designs.
- Review (test) implementation of designs in the application once developed.
- Plan tasks on a weekly basis and deliver against agreed upon timelines.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams like product managers, developers, and other designers.
- Create and advance product visual style guides and pattern libraries.
- Design visual assets for product marketing and deployment.
- Support the UX designer in execution of UX tasks prototyping, usability testing and other user research activities (surveys, interviews, questionnaires, etc).
- Conduct analysis of competitor designs and reference industry best practices for product designs/ features s/he works on.
You fit the bill if you have the below skills -
- Minimum 3-years relevant work experience.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work of user-centered and high quality visual design solutions
- Degree/Diploma in design Graphic design/ Web design/ interaction design
- Formal exposure to usability and HCI guidelines will be add-on
- Propensity for clean, simplified design balanced with tasteful visual design details.
- General understanding of how design impacts development (and vice versa) to ensure technical feasibility of designs.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools Adobe Creative Suite, Balsamiq, Invision.
- Awareness of the design process, design best practices and industry trends.