Want to work with India's no.1 mid-sized company? Lets talk!
Editage (www.editage.com) a division of Cactus Communications provides high-quality services to academic, publishing, and pharmaceutical communities.
About our technology team
We are a team of 100+ extremely agile and driven Techies. We are hosted completely on Amazon cloud and are proud of our ability to achieve 1-min deployments and to scale our hardware capacity up and down in minutes.
As a UI designer, you would be primarily tasked with designing screens and pages of CACTUS' internal and customer facing products.
S/he would responsible to:
- Visually communicate the path that a UX designer has laid out.
- Take usability decisions that influence the presentation and layout of content on the page.
- Create, maintain and advance a cohesive style guide and ensure a consistent design language is applied across the product.
- Produce user-centered and high-quality visual designs for web and mobile devices.
- Create and deliver visual assets (logos, icons, etc) as required by front-end teams for the implementation of the designs.
- Review (test) implementation of designs in the application once developed.
- Plan tasks on a weekly basis and deliver against agreed upon timelines.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams like product managers, developers, and other designers.
- Create and advance product visual style guides and pattern libraries.
- Design visual assets for product marketing and deployment.
- Support the UX designer in execution of UX tasks prototyping, usability testing and other user research activities (surveys, interviews, questionnaires, etc).
- Conduct analysis of competitor designs and reference industry best practices for product designs/ features s/he works on.
You fit the bill if you have the below skills -
- Minimum 3-years relevant work experience.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work of user-centered and high quality visual design solutions
- Degree/Diploma in design Graphic design/ Web design/ interaction design
- Formal exposure to usability and HCI guidelines will be add-on
- Propensity for clean, simplified design balanced with tasteful visual design details.
- General understanding of how design impacts development (and vice versa) to ensure technical feasibility of designs.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools Adobe Creative Suite, Balsamiq, Invision.
- Awareness of the design process, design best practices and industry trends.