Software Developer / Senior Software Developer
Who we are:
Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com ) is a leading provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English language workshops, transcription, and translation. Our company mission is to enable growth through effective communication.
Editage (www.editage.com), a division of Cactus Communications is a consumer-technology business that helps researchers, scientists and doctors overcome barriers of the English language in getting their cutting-edge research published globally. Having worked with over 250,000 scientists globally, supporting almost a million papers, Editage is now working with societies, publishers and universities to help bring the world’s best and most important research to public around the world, thinking beyond the traditional article that has served research publishing for over 2 centuries.
People with an international work experience will feel at home with the work culture at CACTUS.
CACTUS was placed 1st among mid-sized Indian companies in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey: http://bit.ly/2uiJmUv
We were recently ranked #18 in the top 25 Best Small & Medium Workplaces in Asia – 2018, a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute
CACTUS was also ranked 1st as Best Organization for Women Empowerment / Women Talent Development in 2019
The Technology team at CACTUS is looking for a Software Developer / Senior Software Developer
We are currently looking for a Software Developer / Senior Software Developer to join us at our Andheri, Mumbai office. As a Software Developer / Senior Software Developer, you will be a part of our Technology team that builds and enhances an enterprise-class web application.
About the Technology Team at CACTUS
We are a team of 60+ extremely agile and driven Techies. We are hosted completely on Amazon cloud and are proud of our ability to achieve 1-min deployments and to scale our hardware capacity up and down in minutes. The secret ingredient of our development recipe includes large portions of agile development with hints of extreme programming for Editage our Primary Line of Business. Laravel, PHP, query, Solr, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, nodejs, angularJS, mongodb, python, ansible, graylog, and new relic are few of the many technologies/services we employ. Unlike most techies, we are extremely social and believe that happiness levels are directly related to performance. We are very generous with our lunchboxes, quirky actions, smiles, and pranks – all of which help us maintain a charged up work environment. What’s more - with the best work hours ethic in the industry and a company policy that takes fun very seriously, we make sure that we work hard and party harder!
PS: If you are a foodie, join us for the daily delicious breakfast.
What’s in it for you?
- Global exposure: We work with the top 10 Pharmaceutical companies across the globe. So you can be assured that you get the best experience in terms of the profile you handle.
- Culture & Team: We never stop recruiting the best people because without an amazing team nothing is possible. People at CACTUS are awesome to work with, driven, smart and know how to get things done like nobody else.
- Learn & Grow: Our goal is to keep you as long possible and help you build a career with us. We do this by creating an environment where you will grow both personally and professionally.
- Satisfaction & Recognition: With some of the biggest names across the globe as existing clients, doors will open and conversations will flow. You will see the results of your efforts translate into maximum impact. With a competitive salary and our recognition programmes, you will be rewarded for your success.
- Be a part of the team that creates new features and maintains the software application that is being used by over 100K authors worldwide
- Using a standards-based approach towards development of enterprise-class web applications
- Constructing and supporting integrations that are easy to manage, maintain, customize, and configure
- Ensuring overall reliability, security, availability, and high-performance code
- Analyzing system issues and problems and implementing solutions rapidly; formulating/using design patterns wherever applicable
- Communicating feasibility and business-goal-related aspects of requested applications/feature changes to the project manager
- Dedication to building high-quality deliverables while being thorough in all aspects of the development lifecycle
So how do we know that’s you? You have the personality and the experience:
- 4+ years of experience solving highly complex problems related to implementation and analysis of enterprise-class PHP/MySQL-based solutions
- Solid experience of Object Oriented Design and of MVC frameworks along with unit testing
- Familiarity with relational databases, experience of writing complex queries (we use PgSQL/MySQL)
- Experience with working on scalable interactive web applications
- Excellent debugging and fault correction skills
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies (Scrum)
- Experience with writing test cases using tools such as PHPUnit
- Hands on experience with Laravel and PostgreSQL
- Experience with version control systems such as Git