Social & Digital Writer
We are looking for a talented Content Marketer who plays a crucial role in developing materials to drive traffic, engagement and leads that support business development and revenue generation. Reporting to Digital Marketing Lead of Impact Science, the Content Marketing Specialist role requires a person with stellar writing skills and who is comfortable developing messages that will be used in a variety of forums, including email, marketing collateral, websites, social media, video, presentations, and open house materials.
Major Responsibilities: Content Strategy
- Create, edit or repurpose weekly industry articles/content marketing materials that can be used to build brand awareness, position as a thought leader and generate leads. Collaborate with team members, design, plan, and execute marketing campaign strategies.
- Develop messaging for focused, customized marketing campaigns that will support business development Write, review and edit engaging, targeted marketing content for a range of deliverables, including:
- Sales and presentation materials (such as PowerPoints, briefs, white papers, brochures, etc.)
- Digital marketing campaigns, including web, email, and social media.
- Messaging for webinars, conference displays and supporting materials.
- Varied content formats: Short-form, long-form. Ability to storyboard for video, graphic content formats.
- Participate in the production and execution of campaign deliverables.
- Research multiple forums – such as marketing best practices, client and prospect organizations, and competitor and partner messaging – to ensure appropriate positioning, phrasing and language are used in communications
- Develop messaging for lead generation activities such as email marketing, web advertising and social media.
- Create a minimum of two monthly organic content marketing resources to drive leads, subscribers and awareness, such as infographics, white papers, videos, etc.
- Repurpose content on website when relevant.
- Help grow email and social subscriber base by providing educational and informational content that’s aligned with their needs and interests.
- Work with marketing team to manage projects and coordinate execution of content calendar, which will define topics and content to be published across specific digital channels.
- Ensure a consistent voice and personality across marketing and product/services content.
- 2-4 years of experience.
- Experience in the services industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, or journalism, and three to five years of experience working in the communications field, ideally in a services sector like education.
- Successful agency or in-house corporate/marketing communications experience preferred.
- Strong skills in all types of writing and editing, including producing digital and print content.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint required), web content management systems and listening tools. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (optional).
- Capacity to multi-task, prioritize and move between multiple projects and deliverables, and manage time and projects appropriately.
- Skilled at communicating with individuals at multiple levels of the organization.
- Capable of working independently as well as in a team environment.