Senior/Lead Instructional Designer
Who we are:
CACTUS provides scientific writing services to the Top 10 global pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies. The team comprises writers with advanced degrees in medicine or the life sciences.
CACTUS is recognized for its expertise in providing publications and medcom services to global client teams from the US, UK, Germany, and Japan, among other geographies. CACTUS acts as a trusted advisor and works as an extension of its client teams by not only delivering high-quality work consistently, but also providing strategic guidance for their medical communications needs. Clients value the flexible, innovative solutions provided by CACTUS that allows them to manage their budgets wisely and do more with less. Click on the link to watch a short video of what makes us Global Publication Experts: http://bit.ly/2vFUABT
CACTUS is a performance-driven company that offers excellent professional and personal growth opportunities to it employees. People with an international work experience will feel at home with the work culture at CACTUS.
The work environment is very employee-friendly, and CACTUS was placed 1st among mid-sized Indian companies in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey: http://bit.ly/2uiJmUv
Location: Andheri East, Mumbai, India (Relocation benefits will be provided by CACTUS)
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Understand client requirements and conduct learning & business needs assessment
- Design learning solutions that facilitate learning and engage/motivate the learner
- Suggest various technical and instructional solutions to clients and walk the client through the details and advantages of all possible options
- Develop web-based learning solutions
- Be involved in course design and creating storyboards
- Review learning courses for instructional effectiveness and overall quality
- Work closely with SMEs and project managers
- Oversee the work of the graphics designer, developer, integrator, and tester
- Develop templates and style guides
- Streamline workflow of the e-learning team
- Set processes in place to ensure high-quality deliverables
- Improve the team's design and development processes through research and implementation of new instructional strategies and technology
So how do we know that’s you? You have the personality and the experience:
- Master’s Degree in English, Journalism, or in any Science stream, or equivalent
- Formal education in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, Training, Curriculum Development or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Profound knowledge of adult learning and instructional design methodologies
- 10+ years of Instructional design and curriculum development experience, with 5+ years in consultative environment
- Experience of building, mentoring, and managing cross-functional e-learning teams
- Experience with mainstream learning management systems and authoring tools
- Knowledge of eLearning standards, such as SCORM, AICC, and Section 508
- XML experience is preferred (not mandatory)
- Strong verbal, writing, and listening skills
- Strong customer focus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management
How to apply?
Send in your updated CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com. Feel free to write to us in case you have any queries.