Senior Tax Associate
CACTUS is a performance-driven company that offers excellent professional and personal growth opportunities to its employees.
The work environment is very employee-friendly, and CACTUS was placed 1st among mid-sized Indian companies in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey: http://bit.ly/2uiJmUv
What’s this role about?
To independently handle all statutory compliances under direct tax, indirect tax, STPI, FEMA and other labor laws for the Cactus group to ensure that the Group is in compliant with various laws. To work in conjunction with the taxation team in implementation of key projects and effective tax planning.
What you’ll do?
- Responsible for handling entire GST compliances including monthly returns, annual audits, matching credits, refunds etc. for multiple locations within India.
- Responsible for handling direct tax compliances such as withholding tax, advance tax, corporate tax returns, expatriate taxation etc.
- Working closely with the tax Consultant and internal team to close tax audits and taxation aspects related to statutory audit
- Assisting in Transfer Pricing (‘TP’) study, TP audit and ensuring that inter-company transactions are in line with TP regulations
- Working closely with Tax Consultants on tax scrutiny assessment, withholding tax audit, TP assessment, appeals etc.
- Provide assistance to function head on managing key taxation queries, critical tax issues, and implementation of key projects wherever needed.
- Providing support to accounting team on taxation matters.
- Assistance in managing taxation compliance for overseas subsidiaries such as coordination with tax Consultant of respective countries and undertaking monthly tax payments, filing tax returns, handling taxation audit, applying for lower withholding tax , obtaining registrations wherever needed etc.
- Research on aspects /issues arising on domestic taxation, international taxation, application of tax treaties etc.
- Should have keen interest in learning and applying expertise with respect to international laws and regulations to provide advice on international transactions and transactions related to the group entities.
- Responsible for handling various compliances under Provident Fund, Profession Tax, Employer State Insurance Corporation (‘ESIC’) and other labor laws applicable to the Company including handling of audits.
- Create compelling audio-visual storytelling solutions as motion graphics designer.
- Collaborate with in-house creative team to deliver high-quality animation video.
- Develop character and medical animations.
An ideal candidate would be someone who has:
- Should be a qualified CA.
- Should have 3 years’ experience in taxation either with an industry or with tax consulting firm.
- Sound technical knowledge and understanding of GST and direct tax
- Candidate having knowledge of TP and International taxation would be preferred
- Excellent spoken English and good email writing skills
- Sound knowledge of MS word, excel, power point, Outlook etc.