Senior Systems Administrator/ Analyst
About the Technology Team at CACTUS
Our IT team is extremely dynamic and driven. Unlike most techies, we are extremely social and believe that happiness levels are directly related to performance. We are very generous with our lunchboxes, quirky actions, smiles, and pranks – all of which help us maintain a charged up work environment. What’s more - with the best work hours ethic in the industry and a company policy that takes fun very seriously, we make sure that we work hard and party harder!
PS: If you are a foodie, join us for the daily delicious breakfast.
- Systems include: Windows Servers, Windows Desktop OS, Hyper-V/Azure, SQL, SharePoint, Certificate Servers, DNS/DHCP servers
- System administration support includes: Active directory, support office 365 and Azure cloud application servers, ADFS.
- Business Application infrastructure support for SharePoint, web applications.
- DNS/DHCP/AD/Group Policies administration
- Storage backup and restore including SQL databases, Virtualized system backup.
- Information rights management, legal hold.
- System updates and patch management using MDT and WSUS
- Active sync, mobile device policy administration. MDM and BYOD administration.
- Disaster Recovery planning, setup and monitoring.
- Other support tasks include: system and network performance monitoring and tuning; and IO monitoring and analysis. The person will have to review system metrics for storage and servers, and recommend solutions to resolve the issues.
- As part of the job duties, this position requires: Meetings with internal functional managers on a regular basis to understand their needs, prioritize the tasks, and ensure that the projects are completed in a timely manner. Timely response to issues is required.
- Driving standards for system administration processes and writing scripts to automate the processes.
- Justification, procurement, installation and support for hardware and software. The person will have to meet with the hardware and software vendors to understand technology trends and recommend solutions to satisfy customer needs.
- Participation in weekly team meetings and creating project plans.
- Documentation and user training.
- 5+ years of experience
- MCSE/MCSA certifications preferred
- Prior experience of Office 365 and Sharepoint is a must
- Experience in Azure is an added advantage