Senior Software Developer / Team Lead
The Technology team at CACTUS is looking for a Software Developer
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Developer to join us at our Andheri, Mumbai office. As a Senior Software Developer, you will be a part of our Technology team that builds and enhances an enterprise-class web application.
About the Technology Team at CACTUS
We are a team of 60+ extremely agile and driven Techies. We are hosted completely on Amazon cloud and are proud of our ability to achieve 1-min deployments and to scale our hardware capacity up and down in minutes. The secret ingredient of our development recipe includes large portions of agile development with hints of extreme programming for Editage our Primary Line of Business. Laravel, PHP, query, Solr, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, nodejs, angular, mongodb, python, ansible, graylog, and new relic are few of the many technologies/services we employ. Unlike most techies, we are extremely social and believe that happiness levels are directly related to performance. We are very generous with our lunchboxes, quirky actions, smiles, and pranks – all of which help us maintain a charged up work environment. What’s more - with the best work hours ethic in the industry and a company policy that takes fun very seriously, we make sure that we work hard and party harder!
PS: If you are a foodie, join us for the daily delicious breakfast.
- Be a part of the team that creates new features and maintains the software application that is being used by over 100K authors worldwide
- Using a standards-based approach towards development of enterprise-class web applications
- Constructing and supporting integrations that are easy to manage, maintain, customize, and configure
- Ensuring overall reliability, security, availability, and high-performance code
- Analyzing system issues and problems and implementing solutions rapidly; formulating/using design patterns wherever applicable
- Communicating feasibility and business-goal-related aspects of requested applications/feature changes to the project manager
- Dedication to building high-quality deliverables while being thorough in all aspects of the development lifecycle
- 4+ years of experience solving highly complex problems related to implementation and analysis of enterprise-class PHP/MySQL-based solutions
- Solid experience of Object Oriented Design and of MVC frameworks along with unit testing
- Familiarity with relational databases, experience of writing complex queries (we use PgSQL/MySQL)
- Experience with working on scalable interactive web applications
- Excellent debugging and fault correction skills
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies (Scrum)
- Experience with writing test cases using tools such as PHPUnit
- Hands on experience with Laravel and PostgreSQL
- Experience with version control systems such as Git