Senior Scientific Writer (HEOR)
Who we are:
CACTUS provides scientific writing services to the Top 10 global pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies. The team comprises writers with advanced degrees in medicine or the life sciences.
CACTUS is recognized for its expertise in providing publications and medcom services to global client teams from the US, UK, Germany, and Japan, among other geographies. CACTUS acts as a trusted advisor and works as an extension of its client teams by not only delivering high-quality work consistently, but also providing strategic guidance for their medical communications needs. Clients value the flexible, innovative solutions provided by CACTUS that allows them to manage their budgets wisely and do more with less. Click on the link to watch a short video of what makes us Global Publication Experts: http://bit.ly/2vFUABT
CACTUS is a performance-driven company that offers excellent professional and personal growth opportunities to it employees. People with an international work experience will feel at home with the work culture at CACTUS.
The work environment is very employee-friendly, and CACTUS was placed 1st among mid-sized Indian companies in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey: http://bit.ly/2uiJmUv
Location: Mumbai, India (Flexible work arrangements available for those willing to relocate to India. They will also be required to spend 6-12 months in our headquarters for training. Please note all travel and stay expenses for training will be borne by CACTUS).
If you are looking for challenging and rewarding work which combines your understanding of medical science, HEOR and aptitude for writing into one unique job, the Senior Scientific Writer (HEOR) role is for you. This is an opportunity to grow your career and make a greater impact on the lives around you
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely production of high-quality documents (value dossiers, HEOR manuscripts, abstracts, short communications, and review articles) for publication in journals or presentation in meetings and of other written communication material supporting pharmaceutical brands, research activities, and business needs
- Prepare documents that are submission/publication ready
- Review work done by team members and provide appropriate feedback
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including authors & KOLs
- Act as document specialist and provide intellectual input across document types
- Provide quality-related coaching or mentoring to team members, as appropriate
- Develop, maintain, and use necessary templates, formats, and styles to ensure that documents generated meet industry, internal, and client requirements
Click here to watch a short video testimonial on what it means to work with CACTUS as a Scientific Writer.
What’s in it for you?
- Global exposure: We work with the top 10 Pharmaceutical companies across the globe. So you can be assured that you get the best experience in terms of the profile you handle.
- Culture & Team: We never stop recruiting the best people because without an amazing team nothing is possible. People at CACTUS are awesome to work with, driven, smart and know how to get things done like nobody else.
- Learn & Grow: Our goal is to keep you as long possible and help you build a career with us. We do this by creating an environment where you will grow both personally and professionally.
- Satisfaction & Recognition: With some of the biggest names across the globe as existing clients, doors will open and conversations will flow. You will see the results of your efforts translate into maximum impact. With a competitive salary and our recognition programmes, you will be rewarded for your success.
So how do we know that’s you? You have the personality and the experience:
- PhD/MD (Pharmacology) OR PhD (HEOR) OR MBBS/MD (Internal medicine) with knowledge of clinical research, and health economics and outcomes research
- At least 3-4 years of experience of writing HEOR documents and clinical trial publications in a medical communications agency or in a scientific writing/HEOR team in a pharmaceutical company.
- Advanced knowledge of clinical research processes and drug development, as well as ISPOR, CONSORT, ICMJE and other such industry guidelines
- Proven skills in writing and editing documents for regulatory submissions and publications, including interpretation and summarization of complex clinical data across multiple studies and phases
- Knowledge of methods and techniques for analysis and presentation of statistical results
- Excellent literature reviewing capabilities
- Excellent data interpretation and presentation skills
- Clear, concise scientific style of writing with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight timelines
- ELS certification or willingness to prepare for and pass the BELS exam