Senior Python Developer (Team Lead)
Looking for a Sr. Python Developer/Team Lead to work with India’s no.1 mid-sized company
The R&D team under the Technology department at CACTUS is seeking a Senior Python expert to lead the team that works on Python, NLP and AI powered solutions.
We are a 100+ agile and driven technology team. Our products have a global reach with users in 170+ countries. We are hosted completely on Amazon cloud and employ various technologies like (but not limited to) AngularJS, Laravel, PHP, Solr, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Nodejs, Mongodb, Python, Tensorflow, Pytorch, Flair and more.
Unlike most techies, we are extremely social and believe that happiness levels are directly linked to performance. We are generous with our lunchboxes, quirks, smiles, and pranks – all of which help us maintain a vibrant work environment. What’s more - with the best work hours ethic in the industry and a company policy that takes fun very seriously, we make sure that we work hard and party harder!
- Lead and coach the team of python developers and be accountable to the department on their tasks, progress and growth.
- Develop world class code, tools, documentation, and reports suitable for direct product integration.
- Participate actively in detailed design, code reviews, bug/issue triage with feature teams and support well informed decisions towards engineering, customer and business goals.
- Help with recruitment and performance management of the teams.
- Spend at least 50% time in hands on python development and own certain projects end to end.
- Minimum 3 years experience as dedicated hands on python developer.
- Minimum 7 years working in Technology teams and minimum 2 years spent in leadership positions.
- Hands on experience with scrapy, numpy and pandas.
- Hands on experience setting up end to end production environment with flask/Django apps.
- Hands on experience with setting up production machines powered by nginx / apache.
- Hands on experience with PostgreSQL/MySQL, NoSQL
- Hands on experience with AWS and Google cloud, Jenkins, and setting up continuous integration / continuous deployment.
This position reports to the CTO.