Senior Python Developer
Want to work with India’s no.1 mid-sized company? Let’s talk!
Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com ) is a leading provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English language workshops, transcription, and translation. Our company mission is to enable growth through effective communication.
Editage (www.editage.com) a division of Cactus Communications provides high-quality services to academic, publishing, and pharmaceutical communities.
We are looking for a kick-ass Software Developer for our new Research and Development (R&D) cell. The R&D cell is a part of the Technology team at CACTUS. As one of the founding members of the R&D cell you will work directly with the VP of Technology on several cutting-edge projects and experiments spanning Business Intelligence, Warehousing and other emerging technology streams. We are looking for an enterprising technical genius who can work fast and independently on unstructured business and data experiments.
You fit the bill, if you:
- Are extremely driven
- Can work at super-sonic speeds independently
- Consider yourself a top-notch techie and a hacker
- Have implemented a solution in a programming language that you learnt overnight
- You can’t sleep at night because you don’t understand how a certain solution works
- Have played a hands-on solutions’ architect role owning all aspects (technical architecture, coding, server setup, and deployment) of any technical solution
Required skills & experience
- Minimum 5 year’s experience as a software developer
- Minimum 3 year’s experience as Python developer
- Hands on experience with two or more of the following PHP, nodejs, R, Hadoop
- Full understanding of how Git works
- Experience with Linux and deploying server and services
Preferred skills & experience
- Experience/projects in the academia/publishing industry
- Experience with Amazon web services, Nginx, apache, nodejs, bots, data warehouse, scraping, AI, Machine learning.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing and Stanford’s NLTK
We are a 80+ agile and driven technology team. Our products have a global reach with users in 170+ countries. We are hosted completely on Amazon cloud and employ various technologies like (but not limited to) angularJS, Laravel, PHP, Solr, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Nodejs, Mongodb, Python, Ansible, Graylog, Drupal and more.
Unlike most techies, we are extremely social and believe that happiness levels are directly linked to performance. We are generous with our lunchboxes, quirks, smiles, and pranks – all of which help us maintain a vibrant work environment. What’s more - with the best work hours ethic in the industry and a company policy that takes fun very seriously, we make sure that we work hard and party harder.