Senior Manager, Finance & Accounts
Who we are:
Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com ) is a leading provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English language workshops, transcription, and translation. Our company mission is to enable growth through effective communication.
Editage (www.editage.com), a division of Cactus Communications is a consumer-technology business that helps researchers, scientists and doctors overcome barriers of the English language in getting their cutting-edge research published globally. Having worked with over 250,000 scientists globally, supporting almost a million papers, Editage is now working with societies, publishers and universities to help bring the world’s best and most important research to public around the world, thinking beyond the traditional article that has served research publishing for over 2 centuries.
People with an international work experience will feel at home with the work culture at CACTUS.
CACTUS was placed 1st among mid-sized Indian companies in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey: http://bit.ly/2uiJmUv
We were recently ranked #18 in the top 25 Best Small & Medium Workplaces in Asia – 2018, a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute
CACTUS was also ranked 1st as Best Organization for Women Empowerment / Women Talent Development in 2019
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses for all group entities; coordinating the collection at group level , preparation of consolidated financial statements as per IFRS and IGAAP as applicable, evaluation of financial data; preparing special reports
- Meets accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements; assisting in preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Achieves accounting operational objectives by preparing and completing action plans; implementing productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits for all group entities; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change
- Successfully manages accounting team by recruiting, selecting, training, assigning, coaching, communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; enforcing policies and procedures
- Maintains financial security by establishing internal controls
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing accounting regulations; recommending new procedures
- Responsible for timely generation financial reports and reporting to MIS team
- Meeting all statutory deadlines of the company related to bookkeeping and tax matters
You fit the bill if you have:
- 5-6 years of proven working experience as an Accounting Manager in an MNC setup dealing with multi currencies, wherein he/she has developed budgets, tracked budgeted expenses, managed processes, proficiency in coordinating and motivating others
- Practical experience in handling closure of books for international entity
- Practical experience of preparing the consolidated financial statements
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Extensive experience in managing closure of books and audit activities