Senior Data Scientist
Looking for a Sr. Data Scientist to work with India’s no.1 mid-sized company
Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com ) is a leading provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English language workshops, transcription, and translation. Our company mission is to enable growth through effective communication.
Editage (www.editage.com) a division of Cactus Communications provides high-quality services to academic, publishing, and pharmaceutical communities.
The R&D team under the Technology department at CACTUS is seeking a Senior data scientist to lead a new function that helps drive the business by employing scientific techniques for data analysis, data gathering, warehousing and predictive analysis.
We are a 80+ agile and driven technology team. Our products have a global reach with users in 170+ countries. We are hosted completely on Amazon cloud and employ various technologies like (but not limited to) angularJS, Laravel, PHP, Solr, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Nodejs, Mongodb, Python, Ansible, Graylog, Drupal and more.
Unlike most techies, we are extremely social and believe that happiness levels are directly linked to performance. We are generous with our lunchboxes, quirks, smiles, and pranks – all of which help us maintain a vibrant work environment. What’s more - with the best work hours ethic in the industry and a company policy that takes fun very seriously, we make sure that we work hard and party harder!
- Lead/work with the warehouse engineering team and guide them on ETL process and schema design
- Work with data visualization tools (IBM Watson, Tableau etc.) to create real time visuals that give proactive steps to support the business
- Develop forecasting models for key business services and answers to key questions
- Work with engineering and business teams to transform unstructured data into stories that can be easily digested by business for better understanding of the data and/or come up with targeted next steps
- Understand the business and industry and expand the reach of warehousing by identifying and integrating internal and external sources of information
- Identify patterns within the business and the industry and help guide the business direction
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as Data Scientist
- Minimum 5 years working closely with Technology teams
- Hands on Python programming experience
- Hands on experience with at least one of the big data ecosystems (Hadoop, Redshift-EMR etc)
- Proven experience of working with unstructured data and creating relationship and structure around it to solve strategic, tactical, structured, and unstructured business problems
- Deep experience in predictive analytics and statistical modelling
- Experience in successfully making use of three or more of the following: Logistic Regression Multivariate Regression, Support Vector Machines, Stochastic Processes, Decision Trees, Lifetime analysis, common clustering algorithms, Optimization
- Experience with one or more visualization tools like Tableau, Qlickview, Cognos, PowerBi etc.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience with or in the academia/scientific publishing industry
- Experience with neo4j, graphQL OR similar graph databases
- Experience with Natural Language Processing and Stanford’s NLTK
This position reports to the VP of Engineering.
Job location: Andheri West, Mumbai
- Application process
The selection process involves three rounds of interviews