Senior Associate Editor, Humanities - Business & Economics
Cactus Communications is a pioneer in language services, offering English editing and other services to researchers and organizations worldwide. Our team of freelance and in-house editors edit and review cutting-edge research manuscripts such that they meet international standards of academic and scientific English.
CACTUS is ranked one of the top 20 companies to work for in India
Working in the banking and financial services industry? Perhaps in media and communications? Looking for a career that utilizes your excellent English language skills?
We are looking for a senior associate editor for the Center of Excellence for Business and Economics within our Humanities team.
As a senior associate editor, you will
- Perform deadline-driven quality assurance checks on manuscripts edited by freelance editors
- Assess client complaints and respond to client feedback
- Stay updated on industry trends, with a view to sharing this knowledge with authors and improving their chances of publication
- Assist the Managing Editor in overseeing operations for delivery of publication-ready manuscripts, by coordinating with client managers and process coordinators
- Regularly coordinate with and co-manage an experienced community of freelance editors
- Mentor new editors to enable them to work independently
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience with academic publishing
- Familiarity with creating and formatting manuscripts in MS Word
What You Need:
- A post-graduate degree (Master’s, PhD, etc.) in Business Management, Finance, or Economics.
- Over 2 years of relevant work experience in banking and financial services, media and communications, or publishing
Job location: Andheri (West), Mumbai, India
- Application process
To apply, click here, submit your details on the form, and complete a short screening test. You will hear from us in a couple of days after you take the test. If you meet the benchmark on the test, you will be invited for another round of tests and interviews.
If you face any difficulties while attempting the test, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.