Senior Associate, Customer Service (Seoul)
Location : Seoul, South Korea (Cactus Communications Korea Co. Ltd. 4F, 22, World Cup buk-ro, Mapo-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea 03992)
Work timings: since this is a customer facing role it requires you to work in rotational 9 hour shifts (including 1 hour lunch break). Earliest shift starts 09:00 a.m. KST, latest shift starts 10:00 a.m. KST. You will also work 1-2 Saturdays a month and public holidays upon request by rotation(There will be compensation leave given for those cases)
Who we are and what we do
CACTUS (www.cactusglobal.com) provides top-notch communication solutions like academic and scientific editing, translation, publication support, English language workshops, transcription to authors, researchers, universities, labs, hospitals and organizations worldwide. Our services are specifically designed to help English Second Language (ESL) authors succeed while communicating in English.
With offices in South Korea, US, Japan, India, Singapore and China, our team has worked on 700,000+ documents for 175,000+ customers across 164+ countries in the last 15 years.
Editage’s 50+ member Customer Service comprises of passionate customer advocates from 7+ different nationalities and cultures. We work across offices and time zones and use a combination of deep local knowledge, customer preferences, service understanding and passion to delight customers on every interaction.
- Respond to Korean customer queries over email/chat/phone
- Understand customer needs and requirements over email/chat/phone
- Convert new and prospect customers into fans of our services by giving them the best suited price /service/delivery options in the first go
- Ensure repeat and loyal customers stay loyal by providing a superlative customer service experience
- Be the voice of the customer for internal teams and go the extra mile to delight customers so that they come back and prefer our brand over competition
- Maintain fast response times and adhere to SLAs, while maintaining with zero errors in processes
- Observe market and customer trends and share inputs to make our services and websites more customer focused
- Work on additional cross team projects or initiatives when required
Required skills & traits
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject
- Very strong customer focus and a customer first approach
- Native level written and spoken Korean language skills
- Excellent English speaking, writing and comprehension skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage stress
- Positive, passionate, open and keen to learn
Preferred skills & traits
- 1- 2 years’ previous experience in a customer service or related role is preferred (Fresh graduates are welcome)
- Tech-savvy, comfortable with social media platforms and using technology to get daily tasks done
- Like to travel, meet and make friends from different cultures
- Contribute to your team’s success, work well in a team
What's in it for you
Gain hands-on experience in the dynamic field of online customer service. Work with colleagues across departments and geographies to provide world class service experience to customers from South Korea.
- Global Exposure: work in a global organization and interact with colleagues from different nationalities.
- Culture: work in a young organization with employee friendly culture and polices. We balance work and fun at CACTUS. Cactizens are driven, smart and friendly.
- Benefits: take home a competitive salary which includes an annual performance based bonus. You are also eligible for additional benefits like National Medical Insurance /National Industrial Insurance.
Job location: Seoul, South Korea
- Application process
If you are interested in this role, please send us a copy of your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be required to take a test followed by 3 rounds of interviews.