Scientific/Medical Illustrator (Freelancer)
About Cactus Communications
Cactus Communications is a leading provider of scientific communication services to more than 60,000 clients across 116 countries. CACTUS offers specialist academic editing, medical communications, publication support, transcription, translation, and training services to individuals and corporations across sectors such as academia, publishing and pharmaceuticals.
Editage (www.editage.com ) a division of Cactus Communications provides high-quality services to academic, publishing, and pharmaceutical communities.
CACTUS is now hiring specialist illustrators to:
- Create scientific, technical, medical, and general illustrations for use in infographics and videos
- Provide compelling visual storytelling solutions as illustrator and graphic designer
What you will do
- Create illustrations for scientific, technical, medical, or general content based on a brief and reference images
- Create visually aesthetic infographics and data visualizations based on storyboard
- Provide design solutions that clearly and simply convey complex information to both scientific and general audiences
Why this is a great opportunity
- Work with the world’s largest author services company to contribute to a growing service portfolio aimed at making scientific research understandable to both scientific and general audiences
- You have the flexibility to determine your schedule and work hours.
- You don’t have to relocate! This is a freelance opportunity.
- Experience in graphic design, infographics, and data visualization
- Excellent design portfolio showcasing strong creative skills and passion for creating elegant, versatile, and engaging interface designs
- Thorough understanding of design fundamentals and ability to translate complex, often technical, concepts and data into highly visual creative visuals that can engage general audiences
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively with content experts and deliver as per project requirements and in-house style
- Good written English-language skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and multi-task
- Academic background in life sciences, medicine, physical sciences, business/finance, or economics
- Experience with branding and logo work
- Prior experience in research/media communication
- Knowledge in Acrobat Pro, Tableau, or other data visualization tools (preferable)
Job location: Work from Home
- Application process
A test followed by two rounds of interview