Scientific Writer - QIM
Who we are:
CACTUS provides scientific writing services to the Top 10 global pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies. The team comprises writers with advanced degrees in medicine or the life sciences.
CACTUS is recognized for its expertise in providing publications and medcom services to global client teams from the US, UK, Germany, and Japan, among other geographies. CACTUS acts as a trusted advisor and works as an extension of its client teams by not only delivering high-quality work consistently, but also providing strategic guidance for their medical communications needs. Clients value the flexible, innovative solutions provided by CACTUS that allows them to manage their budgets wisely and do more with less. Click on the link to watch a short video of what makes us Global Publication Experts: http://bit.ly/2vFUABT
People with an international work experience will feel at home with the work culture at CACTUS.
CACTUS was placed 1st among mid-sized Indian companies in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey: http://bit.ly/2uiJmUv
We were recently ranked #18 in the top 25 Best Small & Medium Workplaces in Asia – 2018, a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute
CACTUS was also ranked 1st as Best Organization for Women Empowerment / Women Talent Development in 2019
work arrangements available for those willing to relocate to India. They will also be required to spend 6-12 months in our headquarters for training. Please note all travel and stay expenses for training will be borne by CACTUS).
If you are looking for challenging and rewarding work which combines your understanding of medical science and aptitude for writing into one unique job, the Scientific Writer role is for you. This is an opportunity to grow your career and make a greater impact on the lives around you.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform literature surveillance activities to identify new research publications in real time to inform client product strategy
- Screen multiple source web feeds, curate relevant literature, and update client’s literature database for assigned products
- Draft critical literature alerts to educate client’s medical affairs and medical information team
- You will act as a document specialist, provide intellectual input across document types, and contribute to making cutting-edge research accessible to specific audiences as appropriate, by maintaining current awareness of developments across therapeutic areas or disciplines.
- You will work with international pharmaceutical clients and liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including authors and key opinion leaders on critical therapeutic area issues
- Effectively and proactively communicate with team members, authors/faculty, clients, and vendors
- Attend workshops/seminars/Trainings to hone your skills and contribute to organizational objectives.
Click here to watch a short video testimonial on what it means to work with CACTUS as a Scientific Writer.
What’s in it for you?
- Global exposure: We work with the top 10 Pharmaceutical companies across the globe. So you can be assured that you get the best experience in terms of the profile you handle.
- Culture & Team: We never stop recruiting the best people because without an amazing team nothing is possible. People at CACTUS are awesome to work with, driven, smart and know how to get things done like nobody else.
- Learn & Grow: Our goal is to keep you as long possible and help you build a career with us. We do this by creating an environment where you will grow both personally and professionally.
- Satisfaction & Recognition: With some of the biggest names across the globe as existing clients, doors will open and conversations will flow. You will see the results of your efforts translate into maximum impact. With a competitive salary and our recognition programmes, you will be rewarded for your success.
So how do we know that’s you? You have the personality and the experience:
- PhD (Life Sciences) with a good understanding of clinical research and medical communication
- Publication experience, preferably as first author on papers published in medical journals
- Clear, concise, scientific style of writing, with a high level of attention to detail and superior English-language skills
- Basic knowledge of biostatistics
- Literature reviewing and evaluation capabilities
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight timelines