Scientific Writer - Medical Information Practice
Who we are:
CACTUS provides scientific writing services to the Top 10 global pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies. The team comprises writers with advanced degrees in medicine or the life sciences.
CACTUS is recognized for its expertise in providing publications and medcom services to global client teams from the US, UK, Germany, and Japan, among other geographies. CACTUS acts as a trusted advisor and works as an extension of its client teams by not only delivering high-quality work consistently but also providing strategic guidance for their medical communications needs. Clients value the flexible, innovative solutions provided by CACTUS that allows them to manage their budgets wisely and do more with less. Click on the link to watch a short video of what makes us Global Publication Experts: http://bit.ly/2vFUABT
People with an international work experience will feel at home with the work culture at CACTUS.
CACTUS was placed 1st among mid-sized Indian companies in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey: http://bit.ly/2uiJmUv
We were recently ranked #18 in the top 25 Best Small & Medium Workplaces in Asia – 2018, a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute
CACTUS was also ranked 1st as Best Organization for Women Empowerment / Women Talent Development in 2019
If you are looking for challenging and rewarding work which combines your understanding knowledge of medical science, medicine, and aptitude for writing into one unique job, the Scientific Writer role is for you. This is an opportunity to grow into an alternative career and make a greater impact on the lives around you that can be as satisfying and rewarding as clinical practice.
As a Scientific Writer in the Medical Information practice, you will help develop comprehensive yet concise responses to physicians’ and healthcare providers’ questions related to disease states, new therapies, as well as mature products, which will help them in their clinical practice. Who can respond to physician queries better than another physician or pharmacist?
Roles & Responsibilities:
- You will use scientific expertise to develop high-quality, publication-ready scientific documents (manuscripts, posters, abstracts, slide kits, short communications, etc.) according to client needs under the expert guidance of the Scientific Team Lead standard medical responses or medical information letters for physician and healthcare providers globally.
- You will act as a document specialist, provide intellectual input across document types, and contribute to making cutting-edge research accessible to specific audiences as appropriate, by maintaining current awareness of developments across therapeutic areas or disciplines.
- You will work with international pharmaceutical clients write about cutting-edge treatments from the top global pharmaceutical companies and thus contribute to clinical medicine and patient care.
- and You will liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including authors and key opinion leaders on critical therapeutic area issues
- Effectively and proactively communicate with team members, authors/faculty, clients, and vendors
- Attend workshops/seminars/Training to hone your skills and contribute to organizational objectives.
So how do we know that’s you? You have the personality and the experience:
- Ph.D./MD (Pharmacology) OR Ph.D. (Life Sciences) OR MBBS/MD (Internal Medicine) OR MPharm/M.Sc. with a good understanding of clinical research and medical communicationMBBS, MD, or PharmD, with a good understanding of clinical research and medical communications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Publication experience, preferably as the first author on papers published in medical journals Prior writing experience would be an added advantage
- Clear, concise, scientific style of writing, with a high level of attention to detail and superior English-language skills
- Basic knowledge of Biostatistics
- Literature reviewing and evaluation capabilities
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight timelines
- Flair to come to speed quickly on therapy areas
- A strong passion to excel and grow