Quality Control Specialist
Who we are:
CACTUS provides scientific writing services to the Top 10 global pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies. The team comprises writers with advanced degrees in medicine or the life sciences.
CACTUS is recognized for its expertise in providing publications and medcom services to global client teams from the US, UK, Germany, and Japan, among other geographies. CACTUS acts as a trusted advisor and works as an extension of its client teams by not only delivering high-quality work consistently but also providing strategic guidance for their medical communications needs. Clients value the flexible, innovative solutions provided by CACTUS that allows them to manage their budgets wisely and do more with less.
Click on the link to watch a short video of what makes us Global Publication Experts: http://bit.ly/2vFUABT
People with an international work experience will feel at home with the work culture at CACTUS.
CACTUS was placed 1st among mid-sized Indian companies in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey: http://bit.ly/2uiJmUv
We were recently ranked #18 in the top 25 Best Small & Medium Workplaces in Asia – 2018, a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute
CACTUS was also ranked 1st as Best Organization for Women Empowerment / Women Talent Development in 2019
Location: Mumbai, India
Overview of Role:
CACTUS is currently looking to add a dynamic, detail-oriented, and self-motivated Quality Control Specialist to our world-class medical communications delivery team in Mumbai. The medical communications team at CACTUS partners with some of the largest global pharmaceutical companies across a wide range of communications needs including writing, graphics, animation, and publication strategy.
As a Quality Control Specialist , you will:
- Evaluate manuscripts, posters, slide decks, educational material, medical literature, etc, provided by clients for data accuracy
- Check documents (mentioned above) developed by medical writers for scientific data errors by checking the developed material against annotated references, CSRs, other source data
- Check for discrepancy within the text, the discrepancy between figures/tables, and between text and supplementary material, and make suggestions for improvements
- Identify missing sources documents and gaps in scientific logic
- Check for grammar, syntax, style, and compliance with style guides, regulatory guidelines, and publishing requirements
- Be responsible for the quality of the documents/projects fact-checked/QCed
- Ensure effective communication of QC/fact check findings with the client/medical writers
- Deliver QC reports to the stakeholders, and identify quality trends
- Ensure 100% timely delivery of documents
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the medical writing industry; freshers with substantial knowledge of the publication landscape or clinical research are also eligible
- Master’s degree in Research, or equivalent industry experience
- Ability to work efficiently and independently, multitask, and prioritize
- Excellent attention to detail, and zero tolerance to errors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Functional with MS Office
- Flexible and adaptable to changing project priorities and work assignments