Quality Assurance (Technology)
About the Technology Team at CACTUS:
We are a team of 40 extremely agile and driven Architects, Project Managers, Software Developers, QA, OPS, and UX experts. We are hosted completely on Amazon cloud and are proud of our ability to achieve 1-min deployments and to scale our hardware capacity up and down in minutes. The secret ingredient of our development recipe includes large portions of agile development with hints of extreme programming. Drupal, PHP, query, Solr, Elasticcache, nodejs, angularJS, mongodb, python, ansible, graylog, new relic, are few of the many technologies/services we employ. Unlike most techies, we are extremely social and believe that happiness levels are directly related to performance. We are very generous with our lunchboxes, quirky actions, smiles, and pranks all of which help us maintain a charged up work environment. Whats more - with the best "work hours ethic in the industry and a company policy that takes "fun" very seriously, we make sure that we work hard and party harder!
We are looking for a QA Engineer
Every major revision and/or addition of features will be routed to this individual for quality assessment and will only be launched once you give the go ahead ! You must ensure that every change and new functionality is consistent with its scope, is of sound logic, and meets the user's requirements. You should be able to automate smoke and regression suites.
- Testing and assessing quality for all existing and new features on our websites and applications
- Responsible for creating and maintaining manual test suite for our websites and application in Test Repository.
- Being the final gatekeeper before live deployment, i.e., this individual will take the final decision before launch/changes go live
- Working collaboratively and closely with developers, designers, product managers and users
- Responsible for creating and maintaining automation test suite for our websites and application using Selenium WebDriver
Desired skills and requirements:
- 5-6 years of overall work experience in QA Engineering/testing
- Minimum 4 years of hands-on experience with automated testing tools such as Selenium or Webdriver.
- Experience with developing manual and automation test cases
- In-depth experience with cross browser and cross device testing
- In-depth knowledge of Manual Testing
- Experience with bug and test management tools like JIRA, Bugzilla, Quality Center, Testlink or TestRail
- Good analytical skills and ability to develop comprehensive test scenarios based on specifications
- Quick learner with an inquisitive mind-set looking to find out why, how, what etc.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and willingness to go the extra mile when required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills