Python Engineer, Natural Language Processing
Want to work with India's no.1 mid-sized company? Lets talk!
Editage (www.editage.com) a division of Cactus Communications provides high-quality services to academic, publishing, and pharmaceutical communities.
About our technology team
We are a team of 110+ extremely agile and driven Techies. We are hosted completely on Amazon cloud and are proud of our ability to achieve 1-min deployments and to scale our hardware capacity up and down in minutes. The secret ingredient of our development recipe includes large portions of agile development with hints of extreme programming for Editage our Primary Line of Business. Laravel, PHP, query, Solr, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, nodejs, angular, mongodb, python, ansible, graylog, and new relic are few of the many technologies/services we employ. Unlike most techies, we are extremely social and believe that happiness levels are directly related to performance. We are very generous with our lunchboxes, quirky actions, smiles, and pranks - all of which help us maintain a charged up work environment. What's more - with the best work hours ethic in the industry and a company policy that takes fun very seriously, we make sure that we work hard and party harder!
PS: If you are a foodie, join us for the daily delicious breakfast.
We are looking for a Python Developer, NLP for our new Research and Development (R&D) cell that helps drive the business by creating products that are powered by NLP and AI
- You will be part of the team that creates NLP/data driven features for manuscript assessment, automated editing, machine translation and more
- Work with large data sets, extracting, structuring and storing data and working with various data stores like redshift, Athena, elasticsearch, neo4j etc
- Working hands-on with Python libraries- numpy, Spacy SCIPY, NLTK, NLP, core-nlp matplotlib, fastText, Gensim, word2vec, GloVe
- Design and implement algorithms to efficiently process, analyze, and serve massive datasets
- Serve as a key individual contributor within the R&D Team under Technology Department
- Ability to discuss mathematical formulations, alternatives, and impact on modeling approach and understanding of development practices
- Work on cypher and SQL queries for data fetch and retrieval
Required Skills & Experience
- Self-motivated and creative- we are building from ground up, not tweaking legacy
- 2+ years working in Python
- In depth knowledge of backend infrastructure (e.g. Django, Flask, Falcon)
- Development & consumption of REST based APIs
- Designing applications for scale and resiliency
- Good communicator and team player
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with big data organization and big data tools: Spark, Hadoop, MongoDB, noSQL, redshift, AWS Athena
- Good understanding of chunking and POS tagging
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Devops experience, working with setting up deep learning libraries, installing and working with python and similar libraries, AWS, Azure Machine learning, Sagemaker etc
- Experience with building models on deep learning frameworks (keras, tensorflow, cafe etc )
- Experience with various ML models (Convolution Neural Network (CNN) Recurrent Neural Networks (RNN), AutoEncoder, Seq2Seq, Classifiers)
Broad knowledge of machine learning (including topics such as graph theory, hierarchical modeling, and Bayesian inference)