Project Manager, Innovations
Who we are:
Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com) is a leading provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English language workshops, transcription, and translation. Our company mission is to enable growth through effective communication.
Editage (www.editage.com), a division of Cactus Communications is a consumer-technology business that helps researchers, scientists, and doctors overcome barriers of the English language in getting their cutting-edge research published globally. Having worked with over 250,000 scientists globally, supporting almost a million papers, Editage is now working with societies, publishers and universities to help bring the world’s best and most important research to the public around the world, thinking beyond the traditional article that has served research publishing for over 2 centuries.
People with an international work experience will feel at home with the work culture at CACTUS.
CACTUS was placed 1st among mid-sized Indian companies in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey: http://bit.ly/2uiJmUv
We were recently ranked #18 in the top 25 Best Small & Medium Workplaces in Asia – 2018, a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute
CACTUS was also ranked 1st as Best Organization for Women Empowerment / Women Talent Development in 2019
Location: Andheri East, Mumbai
Structured and planned innovation is a vital component to ensuring business objectives are exceeded, that the organization is future-facing and is continuously improving. Innovation should drive business vision, plans and priorities.
The purpose of this role is to foster a strong culture of innovation, deploy a structured program to garner ideas from internal and external stakeholders and drive project implementation to achieve success.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Innovation Program:
- Conceptualize and deploy a structured innovation program within the organization, targeted at both internal and external stakeholders.
- This program becomes the pipeline that feeds into business plans and objectives.
- Culture building:
- Creative and meaningful stakeholder engagement including conducting workshops and sessions on tools like process mapping, mind mapping, design thinking, etc.
- Foster ‘Innovation champions’ and ensure continuous improvement culture permeates in the organization.
- Ideation management:
- Generating awareness and excitement amongst employees and gathering ideas at all levels.
- Prioritizing and managing these ideas based on impact vs. Effort. Involves data analysis, process studies, cost-benefit analysis, etc.
- Project management:
- Driving execution of high impact projects using Lean, Six Sigma framework as well as kaizens (quick wins) for continuous improvement.
- As part of the business excellence team, drive business goals like top line growth, cost optimization, efficiency improvement, etc.
- Stakeholder management:
- Regular liaison with department heads and leadership group.
- High visibility role centred around collaboration and should be able to influence without authority.
What’s in it for you?
- Global exposure: We work with the top 10 Pharmaceutical companies across the globe. So you can be assured that you get the best experience in terms of the profile you handle.
- Culture & Team: We never stop recruiting the best people because without an amazing team nothing is possible. People at CACTUS are awesome to work with, driven, smart and know how to get things done like nobody else.
- Learn & Grow: Our goal is to keep you as long possible and help you build a career with us. We do this by creating an environment where you will grow both personally and professionally.
- Satisfaction & Recognition: With some of the biggest names across the globe as existing clients, doors will open and conversations will flow. You will see the results of your efforts translate into maximum impact. With a competitive salary and our recognition programmes, you will be rewarded for your success.
So how do we know that’s you? You have the personality and the experience:
- Passionate about innovation – doing things differently, challenging the status quo
- Minimum 3 years work experience with focus on culture building, employee engagement and business partnership
- Experience in conducting workshops – brainstorming / process studies / design thinking / mind mapping, etc.
- Proven history in leading and delivery high-impact strategic projects
- Attitude to get things done through collaboration and influence
- Minimum 3 years
- Communication skills: Good spoken English, should be articulate
- Business partnership: Should be able to influence and collaborate well
- Creative and innovative: Should be able to generate excitement and awareness to gather ideas across levels
- MBA will be preferred
- Must be able to liaise with members from different departments, multi-task, drive projects independently, plan and deliver against goals