Product Manager- China
The Technology Team at CACTUS is looking for a Product Manager to drive the China growth story for Editage our primary line of business.
Who are we?
We are Asia's 18th Best Company to work for, based on the recent Great Places To Work rankings for Small & Medium Workplaces- https://bit.ly/2hRBfq1
Editage, a division of Cactus Communications is a leading provider of author services worldwide. We aim to help scholars break through the confines of geography and language, bridge the gap between authors and peer-reviewed journals, and accelerate the process of publishing high-quality research.
Our unique product and services have helped over 250,000+ authors across 182 countries to get published in high-impact factor journals.
We have a 70+ extremely agile and driven technology team. Our products have a global reach with users in 170+ countries. We are hosted completely on Amazon cloud and employ multiple technologies – angularJS, Laravel, PHP, Drupal, Solr, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, nodejs, mongodb, python, ansible, graylog, and new relic. CACTUS proudly features on the list of Top 25 Best Small and Medium workplaces in Asia, 2018 by Great Place to Work Institute.
Join us and help shape the future of research in China. We are excited by big goals and challenges and want like-minded, motivated individuals to join our team for a once in a lifetime opportunity.
- Be the China technology champion for Editage and influence decisions on how we connect technology, brand, content, and customer experience together in our products to best serve our customers in China.
- Own the vision, road mapping, goal setting, spec writing, managing project execution, A/B testing, UI/UX wireframing, defining product roll-out strategy.
- Communicate with functional departments and Global headquarters to align on product direction and performance.
- Ensure high product quality (end user thinking) and stop wrong or unnecessary functionalities / initiatives.
- Ensure execution speed: establish clear milestones with visible progress regularly, with emphasis on quick iterations.
- 3+ years of product management work experience.
- Passionate about technology + marketing + delivering a great user experience.
- Extensive experience working with WeChat, Weibo and other local tech.
- Business level communication in English.
- Great analytical skills with ability to track and improve product progress using data
- Strong team player with an attitude to get things done.
- (Preferred) Understanding of academic industry and research domain.
- (Preferred) Degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Global exposure: We have clients and teams operating across the globe. So you can be assured that you get the best experience in terms of the profile you handle.
- Culture & Team: We never stop recruiting the best people because without an amazing team nothing is possible. People at CACTUS are awesome to work with, driven, smart and know how to get things done like nobody else.
- Learn & Grow: Our goal is to keep you as long possible and help you build a career with us. We do this by creating an environment where you will grow both personally and professionally.
- Satisfaction & Recognition: With some of the biggest names across the globe as existing clients, doors will open and conversations will flow. You will see the results of your efforts translate into maximum impact. With a competitive salary and our recognition programmes, you will be rewarded for your success.