Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com ) is a leading provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English language workshops, transcription, and translation. Our company mission is to enable growth through effective communication.
Editage (www.editage.com), a division of Cactus Communications is a consumer-technology business that helps researchers, scientists and doctors overcome barriers of the English language in getting their cutting-edge research published globally. Having worked with over 250,000 scientists globally, supporting almost a million papers, Editage is now working with societies, publishers and universities to help bring the world’s best and most important research to public around the world, thinking beyond the traditional article that has served research publishing for over 2 centuries.
Note on Product
Scholarly / Academic research is a niche domain with its own world of stakeholders, events, happenings, problem statements and solutions. But from a product and services perspective, there are opportunities just like any other mass-market segment, maybe more.
If you think about it - Right from someone thinking ‘Hey, I want to make the world a better place by doing a research on de-mystifying XYZ’ to that person ‘actually being able to do it and share with everyone’, it’s a vast journey that he and his fellow researchers take up.
The domain involves research students, scientists, large and small publishers, service providers, suppliers and vendors, institutions, many other private and public bodies, etc. and also all of us who are a part of the global society. CACTUS’ new global consumer initiative touches all of them in terms of needs, solutions, products and services. Whether it’s about making research better, or about saving time for the researcher by simplifying his non-research needs or helping the right people connect – the product portfolio will cater to any to every use case which makes a difference to these stakeholders and solves their problem(s). We are up for the challenge.
CACTUS is already an established global brand in this space and is known for the EDITAGE product and services for last 2 decades now, and is now looking for the right set of people to join us in our next wave of ‘making it happen’.
- Support/own the product discovery process and get effective business sign off to build a strong backlog.
- Drive the product roadmap based on business goals and large idea bank.
- Create and own goals, milestones and success metrics of the overall product and features/releases.
- Develop features that are in line with the vision and goals.
- Drive product discovery, definition, sprint planning, prioritization and execution in line with the product roadmap.
- Be responsible for on-time, on-task launches across local language versions of the product.
- Mine through websites, traffic analyses and other data to drive feature prioritization.
- Measure the impact of new features, constantly iterate on product offerings based on customer feedback and data, and closely interact with product users (both internal and external).
- Have deep understanding of user experience. Drive and have a passion for user engagement, conduct research required for improvements, define delighting factors that will make the product unique.
- Writing scope documents, after discussion with all business users and technical architect
- Sprint planning and tracking
- Data recording, analysis, and reporting
- Coordinating prerequisite delivery with various stakeholders
- 1-3 years work experience in a Product or/and Project Management role at a core technology or technology services company
- Passionate about technology & web products
- A good understanding of user-centric design principles
- First-hand experience with agile development methodologies
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Great analytical skills with ability to track and improve product progress using data
- Experience working with tools like Google Analytics, Balsamiq and JIRA
- Knowledge of tools like –Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, A/B testing tools etc
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, coupled with very strong execution skills
- An attitude to get things done and willingness to work in a high-pace environment is mandatory
- Strong team player with an energetic, well-rounded and pleasant personality
- Ability to work across functions & levels, be comfortable with interacting with senior leadership
- Excellent communication skills with command on overall thought
- Process to translate product value to measurable business metrics and demonstrating the same to key stake holders.