Who we are and what we do
CACTUS (www.cactusglobal.com) provides top-notch communication solutions like academic and scientific editing, translation, publication support, English language workshops, transcription to authors, researchers, universities, labs, hospitals and organizations worldwide. Our services are specifically designed to help English Second Language (ESL) authors succeed while communicating in English.
With offices in South Korea, US, Japan, India, Singapore and China, our team has worked on 700,000+ documents for 175,000+ customers across 164+ countries in the last 15 years.
The Project Manager (PM) plays the role of end-to-end management of the workflow, allocation, and delivery of individual projects from customers. Under this role, the PM is expected to coordinate on the various aspects of delivery such as understanding and collating the client instructions, assigning suitable translators and reviewers to the project, managing the timeliness of the delivery as per client’s turnaround-time expectations, and running a final check on the project documents before delivery. The Project manager is also expected to handle all client enquiries from the client manager and give them on-time resolution.
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Assign projects to the suitable translator and reviewer (from the correct domain) on the in-house workflow management system, ensuring that each of the project steps is managed in a timely manner according to the client’s deadline
- Respond to customer enquiries from customer service managers
- Be responsible for the quality, instruction compliance, and timely delivery of the project
- Manage timely communication with freelance translators and plan their work schedules
- Perform final check for confirming the quality of deliverable before delivery to the client
You fit the bill if you have -
- Minimum bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years of professional experience in operations
- 2-3 years of experience in the translation industry
- Preferably Master’s degree in operations management or completion of PMP certification
- Medium to high proficiency in MS Excel
- Effective English communication (verbal and email)
- Strong understanding of computer-assisted translation (CAT) technology is an added advantage
- Strong customer focus
- Strong focus on quality and timeliness
- Good communication skills
- Strong Planning and Organizational skills