Motion Graphics Designer
Who we are and what we do
Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com) is a provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English-language workshops, transcription, and translation. CACTUS offers these services to two key client segments worldwide: Academia(researchers, scholarly journals and publishers, universities, and academic societies) through our flagship brand (https://www.editage.com/) and Pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies. We have our offices in the US, UK, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore and China. Our full-time in-house staff consists of over 700 people and represents a diverse group of people from India, China, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, the US, UK, Germany, and Brazil. We also work with over 2500 contractors from around the world.
CACTUS recently ranked #1 among mid-sized companies to work for in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey.
We’ve been also ranked #18 in 25 Best Small & Medium Workplaces in Asia – 2018, a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute
We are proud to finish in the 2018 Top 100 Companies for Remote Jobs by FlexJobs! This is the third year for CACTUS to finish in the top 20.
This is an exciting new role at Editage, the worlds single-largest provider of science communication services to universities, publishers, and researchers globally. Research Communication is a fast-growing portfolio of solutions that helps establish wider impact of scientific research through non-traditional content formats.
We are looking out for motion graphic designers who will help disseminate research in engaging formats to a wide audience.
What You'll Do
- Provide compelling visual and audio-visual storytelling solutions as illustrator, graphic designer, and animator
- Collaborate with graphics team to deliver high-quality animation video
- Create motion graphics videos based on storyboard
- Develop character and medical animations
- Create scientific, technical, or medical illustrations needed for video
What do you need?
- A graduate degree in any field
- 2-4 year experience in motion graphics, and animation
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and Premiere), and MS Office
- Preferably certified in multimedia/animation
- Ability to communicate effectively with content experts
- Ability to work independently to deliver as per project requirements and in-house style
- Good written English-language skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and multi-task