CACTUS is proud to be ranked 1st among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces – 2017 in a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute India in association with MINT, by HT Media.
Looking for a rewarding science career outside the clinical sphere?
Welcome to the world of Medical Editing.
What is Medical Editing?
Medical Editing presents doctors (with an MBBS degree), PhD or any science graduate proficient in the English language and passionate about communicating science with the opportunity to work in an exciting, high-growth industry outside the clinical sphere. Medical Editors use their understanding of the subject matter, the medical industry, and publication norms to convert complex scientific content into error-free, publication-ready documents that are both scientifically and linguistically accurate.
At CACTUS, Medical Editors are part of the Medical Writing team that specializes in providing scientifically rigorous medical and scientific writing services for pharmaceutical corporations, clinical research organizations, and researchers worldwide. We are looking for candidates with advanced medical or life-science degrees and a flair for English to join our team of world-class medical editors and work in a dynamic, fast-paced global environment.
Job responsibilities of a Medical Editor
As a Medical Editor at CACTUS, you will be required to
Ensure timely delivery of error-free, high-quality medical documents (manuscripts, posters, abstracts, presentations, etc.) that meet international standards of written English by
- Correcting errors in grammar, style, and syntax
- Ensuring accuracy of the data and content presented
- Identifying and fixing flaws in logic and flow
- Following style guides/templates provided by the client
- Work with the Managing Editor to develop best-practice-driven internal standards
- Help Medical Writers upgrade their English-language skills
- MBBS/MD/PhD/M.Sc (Research or Life Sciences) with good understanding of clinical research and medical communications
- High level of attention to detail and superior English-language skills
- Basic knowledge of biostatistics
- Literature reviewing and evaluation capabilities
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight timelines
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- ELS certification or willingness to prepare for and pass the BELS exam
- Prior experience in editorial processes in a medical communications agency
Location: Mumbai, Andheri East or Work from Home
Selection process: Screening test, followed by a technical test and 2 rounds of interviews
Compensation: In keeping with industry standards and candidate’s skills/experience
New college or university graduates are welcome to apply.