Medical Director (Remote capabilities)
Who we are:
CACTUS provides scientific writing services to the Top 10 global pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies. The team comprises writers with advanced degrees in medicine or the life sciences.
CACTUS is recognized for its expertise in providing publications and medcom services to global client teams from the US, UK, Germany, and Japan, among other geographies. CACTUS acts as a trusted advisor and works as an extension of its client teams by not only delivering high-quality work consistently, but also providing strategic guidance for their medical communications needs. Click on the link to watch a short video of what makes us Global Publication Experts: http://bit.ly/2vFUABT
CACTUS is a performance-driven company that offers excellent professional and personal growth opportunities to it employees. People with an international work experience will feel at home with the work culture at CACTUS. The work environment is very employee-friendly, and CACTUS was placed 1st among mid-sized Indian companies in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey: http://bit.ly/2uiJmUv
Location: USA. Must be able to travel to the client site in Ridgefield, CT (USA) twice a month, and 1-3 days at a time. May be required to travel to different client pitches.
Overview of Role
CACTUS is currently looking to add self-motivated, entrepreneurial members to its medical communications team in the US. This is an opportunity to grow your career and make a greater impact on the lives around you.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Partner with client teams in developing and executing their strategic publication plans
- Work closely with the agency team in developing publications by providing review support
- Train and mentor junior writers; contribute to skill development of the writing team
- Be accountable for quality of deliverables sent to the client
- Work with Account Director to ensure compliance with client SOPs and publication objectives
- Participate in client pitches and business development meetings as the scientific lead
- Ensure organic growth through delivery quality and client engagement
What’s in it for you?
- Global exposure: We work with the top 10 Pharmaceutical companies across the globe. So you can be assured that you get the best experience in terms of the profile you handle.
- Culture & Team: We never stop recruiting the best people because without an amazing team nothing is possible. People at CACTUS are awesome to work with, driven, smart and know how to get things done like nobody else.
- Learn & Grow: Our goal is to keep you as long possible and help you build a career with us. We do this by creating an environment where you will grow both personally and professionally.
- Satisfaction & Recognition: With some of the biggest names across the globe as existing clients, doors will open and conversations will flow. You will see the results of your efforts translate into maximum impact. With a competitive salary and benefits package, and our recognition programmes, you will be rewarded for your success.
So how do we know that’s you? You have the personality and the experience:
- MD/PhD or similar advanced degree
- At least 4-5 years of core writing experience and 3-5 years of experience as a Medical Director in a scientific writing team at a pharmaceutical company or a medical communications agency
- Experience across several therapy areas, with special expertise in respiratory and oncology
- Strong editorial skills
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and executing publication plans for both investigational and mature products, including gap analyses, needs assessments, scientific platforms, identifying target audiences, and journals and congresses
- Experience of providing congress support and conducting advisory board meetings
- Willingness to train and develop junior writers by doing detailed reviews of documents and training sessions
- Willing to travel to client locations in the US and elsewhere