Marketing Intern (For German nationals)
Internship duration: 6 months to one year
Location: Mumbai, India
Who we are:
Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com) is a provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English-language workshops, transcription, and translation. CACTUS offers these services to two key client segments worldwide: Academia (researchers, scholarly journals and publishers, universities, and academic societies) through our flagship brand Editage (www.editage.com ) and Pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies. We have our offices in the US, UK, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore and China.
Our full-time in-house staff consists of over 700 people and represents a diverse group of people from India, China, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, the US, UK, Germany, and Brazil. We also work with over 2500 contractors from around the world.
We've been ranked #1 in India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces – 2017, a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute India in association with MINT, by HT Media: http://bit.ly/2uiJmUv.
We’ve been ranked #18 in 25 Best Small & Medium Workplaces in Asia – 2018, a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute We are proud to finish in the 2018 Top 100 Companies for Remote Jobs by FlexJobs! This is the third year for CACTUS to finish in the top 20.
- Strategize online campaigns for the German market and bring in traffic
- Work with the point of contact responsible for PPC, SEO and social media to design and customize campaigns for Germany
- Collaborate with the marketing manager to track user journey for these visitors and ensure we have high conversion rate for this traffic
- Strategize offline campaigns to reach out to universities and influencers who can help us grow the marketProvide support to marketing and client servicing teams in order to convert the traffic landing on the website
Desired qualification and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, media or communications
- Native German language skills
- Good English language skills
- Previous experience from an online marketing internship is preferred
- Understanding of marketing concepts is a plus
What’s in it for you:
- Global Exposure: work in a global organization and interact with colleagues from different nationalities.
- Culture: work in a young organization with employee friendly culture and polices. We balance work and fun at CACTUS. Cactizens are driven, smart and friendly.
- Competitive stipend: a competitive stipend which allows you to live comfortably in Mumbai.
- Flight tickets: CACTUS will sponsor flight tickets from your home country to Mumbai and back. We will also pick you up from the airport when you arrive.
- Visa fees: CACTUS will reimburse your visa application fees upon arrival. We will also provide complete support for Visa and FRRO [Foreign Regional Registration Office]-related work when in India.
- Accommodation: CACTUS subsidizes company accommodation close to the office location. This is usually a 2- bedroom/hall/kitchen apartment. Apartment deposit and brokerage will be paid by CACTUS. You will share this apartment with another Cactizen of the same gender. The apartment will be furnished with sofa, bed, and wardrobe. Amenities like a refrigerator, washing machine, water filter, geyser, microwave oven, gas stove, and utensils will be provided. CACTUS will bear the cost of maintaining these amenities.
- Commute to work: During your first few days in India, an Office Assistant from the Helpdesk team will pick you up and drop you back to your apartment and until you are comfortable handling Indian traffic!
- Breakfast: A delicious daily Indian breakfast is available free of cost at office.
- Insurance: You are eligible for accident insurance worth Rs. 500,000 and Mediclaim [Health Insurance] worth Rs. 200,000. Health check-up: CACTUS provides a free annual health check-up (provided you are present in office on those days).