Managing Editor - Medicine
Cactus Communications is a pioneer in language services, offering English editing and other services to researchers and organizations worldwide. Our team of freelance and in-house editors edits and reviews cutting-edge research manuscripts such that they meet international standards of academic and scientific English.
CACTUS is proud to be ranked 1st among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces – 2017 in a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute India in association with MINT, by HT Media.
As the Managing Editor you will:
- Perform deadline-driven quality assurance checks on manuscripts edited by freelancers to review if
- Poorly worded sentences have been edited for better readability and clarity
- Client instructions and subject-specific conventions are followed
- Interact with talented freelance editors from around the world and proactively provide feedback on their editing assignments
- Mentor new team members to enable them to work independently
- Understand client and industry requirements and adapt working approach accordingly.
- A Bachelors / Masters or PhD degree in Medicine, with a passion for research and a strong grasp of current academic/industry trends as well as written conventions in this field and its subfields
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with managing people and/or projects
- Ability to multitask in a deadline-driven environment
- Familiarity with creating and formatting manuscripts in MS Word, PDF, and LaTeX
What you need:
- A post-graduate degree (Master’s, PhD, etc.) in Medicine.
Job location: Andheri, Mumbai, India
- Application process
To apply, click here, submit your details on the form, and complete a short screening test. You will hear from us in a couple of days after you take the test. If you meet the benchmark on the test, you will be invited for another round of tests and interviews.
If you face any difficulties while attempting the test, email us at email@example.com.