Managing Editor, Computer Science & Mathematics
Cactus Communications is a pioneer in language services, offering English editing and other services to researchers and organizations worldwide. Our team of and in-house editors edit and review cutting-edge research manuscripts such that they meet international standards of academic and scientific English.
CACTUS is proud to be ranked 1st among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces – 2017 in a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute India in association with MINT, by HT Media.
We are looking for a senior editor to manage the Computer Science and Mathematics team.
As the Managing Editor, you will:
- Oversee operations for delivery of publication-ready manuscripts by coordinating high-quality editing and reviewing (quality assessments) of edited manuscripts
- Manage an experienced community of freelance editors and an in-house team of associate editors
- Mentor new editors to enable them to work independently
- Ensure that all author requirements and delivery deadlines are met
- Provide end-to-end support to authors during the manuscript publication cycle
- Stay updated on industry trends, with a view to share this expertise with authors and improving their chances of publication
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with managing projects and/or people
- Strong grasp of current academic/industry trends
- Ability to multitask in a deadline-driven environment
- Familiarity with creating and formatting manuscripts in MS Word
- Application process
To apply, you will need to click on this link and submit your details on the form, and complete a short screening test. You will hear from us in a couple of days. If you meet the benchmark on the test, you will be invited for another round of tests, followed by the interview rounds.
If you face any difficulties while attempting the test, email us at email@example.com.