Manager, Business Intelligence
We are currently looking for a Manager, Business Intelligence to work with India’s no.1 mid-sized company
Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com) is a leading provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English language workshops, transcription, and translation. Our company mission is to enable growth through effective communication.
Academic research is a niche domain with its own world of problem statements and solutions. The domain involves research students, scientists, large and small publishers, service providers, suppliers and vendors, institutions, private and public bodies. Cactus’ new global consumer initiative touches all of them in terms of needs, solutions, products and services.
Cactus is looking for a champion from the domain of data and analytics – someone who can partner with the business and product stakeholders and help the business identify and solve the challenges for it to grow multi-fold. The person should be passionate for problem solving, looking at data and extracting meaningful intelligence out of it and skilled with scientific techniques for predictive analysis, data analysis, data gathering and warehousing.
· Work closely with product and business stakeholders to understand various products, consumer touchpoints, data streams, reports and draw insights to help the team make data-informed decisions
· Drive business insights by designing visualizations with logical and meaningful data flow
· Work with data visualization tools (IBM Watson, Tableau etc.) to create real-time visuals that give proactive steps to support the business
· Interpret data, analyse results, and provide ongoing reports by verifying data from different sources (incl. tools like GTM, Google Analytics, Hubspot, Tableau etc.)
· Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets by doing querying or programming using R (optional) or any other language
· Explain observations and inferences to wider audience via structured documentations or presentations
· 4-6 years’ experience playing the role of data-driven Data / Product / Business Analyst
· Passion to look at data, find insights and solve problems
· Excellent command over excel/pivots/solver
· Minimum 5 years working closely with Marketing, Sales and Finance teams
· Proven experience of working with unstructured data and creating relationship and structure around it to solve strategic, tactical, structured, and unstructured business problems
· Deep experience in predictive analytics and statistical modelling
· Experience in successfully making use of most, if not all of the following: Logistic Regression Multivariate Regression, Support Vector Machines, Stochastic Processes, Decision Trees, Lifetime analysis, common clustering algorithms, Optimization
· Experience with one or more visualization tools like Tableau, Cognos, PowerBi etc.
· Familiarity and experience with Google analytics, and a good understanding of website metrics like bounce rate, time on page, traffic source/medium etc.
· Ability to work with numbers and large data sets and organize data into reports