Manager, Business Development (L & D Partnerships)
Who we are
Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com ) is a provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English-language workshops, transcription, and translation. CACTUS offers these services to two key client segments worldwide: Academia (researchers, scholarly journals and publishers, universities, and academic societies) through our flagship brand Editage (https://www.editage.com/) and Pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies. We have our offices in the US, UK, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore and China. Our full-time in-house staff consists of over 700 people and represents a diverse group of people from India, China, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, the US, UK, Germany, and Brazil. We also work with over 2500 contractors from around the world.
CACTUS recently ranked #1 among mid-sized companies to work for in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey.
We’ve been also ranked #18 in 25 Best Small & Medium Workplaces in Asia – 2018, a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute.
We are proud to finish in the 2018 Top 100 Companies for Remote Jobs by FlexJobs! This is the third year for CACTUS to finish in the top 20.
About the role
In India, CACTUS is a pioneer in the field of academic editing. Over 16 years of operations, we have trained more than 500 editors and writers to become experts in their field. We now plan to make this curriculum available outside the company to anyone seeking to build careers in editing or writing. As Manager, Business Development (Learning & Development Partnerships), you will build strategic partnerships with leading universities, colleges and edtech companies to include this program/course as part of their educational offering.
As Manager, Business Development (Learning & Development Partnerships), you will
- Research the academia landscape in India and identify opportunities for partnerships
- Craft a pitch and reach out to relevant companies and institutions across India
- Drive program feasibility exercises and final negotiation with potential partners
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts within CACTUS to package and deliver the program
- Maintain and strengthen on-going partner relationships
You meet the requirements of this profile if you have
- 3+ years of experience growing partnership programs, preferably with academic institutions in India
- A collaborative personality; comfortable working across many functions and teams
- Proven professional success; a self-starter who is prepared to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Expert business-case and financial modelling skills
- Exposure to the publishing/editing/writing domain will be an added advantage
- Global exposure: We have clients and teams operating across the globe. So you can be assured that you get the best experience in terms of the profile you handle.
- Culture & Team: We never stop recruiting the best people because without an amazing team nothing is possible. People at CACTUS are awesome to work with, driven, smart and know how to get things done like nobody else.
- Learn & Grow: Our goal is to keep you as long possible and help you build a career with us. We do this by creating an environment where you will grow both personally and professionally.
- Satisfaction & Recognition: With some of the biggest names across the globe as existing clients, doors will open and conversations will flow. You will see the results of your efforts translate into maximum impact. With a competitive salary and our recognition programmes, you will be rewarded for your success.
Job location: Andheri West, Mumbai
- Application process
Reporting & selection process
This is a new position and reports into Head of HR at CACTUS. To apply, send in your resume with a cover letter outlining '3 reasons why you believe you are suitable for this position' to firstname.lastname@example.org