Who we are and what we do
Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com ) is a leading provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English language workshops, transcription, and translation. Our company mission is to enable growth through effective communication.
Editage (www.editage.com) a division of Cactus Communications provides high-quality services to academic, publishing, and pharmaceutical communities. If you are looking to gain exposure in the dynamic field of client services, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
CACTUS is a performance-driven company that offers excellent professional and personal growth opportunities to it employees. People with an international work experience will feel at home with the work culture at CACTUS.
The work environment is very employee-friendly, and CACTUS was placed 1st among mid-sized Indian companies in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey: http://bit.ly/2uiJmUv
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses for all group entities; coordinating the collection at group level , preparation of consolidated financial statements as per IFRS and IGAAP as applicable, evaluation of financial data; preparing special reports
- Meets accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements; assisting in preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Achieves accounting operational objectives by preparing and completing action plans; implementing productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits for all group entities; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change
- Successfully managing accounting team by recruiting, selecting, training, assigning, coaching, communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; enforcing policies and procedures
- Maintains financial security by establishing internal controls
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing accounting regulations; recommending new procedures
- Responsible for timely generation financial reports and reporting to MIS team
- Ensuring high level of accuracy and ontime delivery of reports
- Meeting all statutory deadlines of the company related to bookkeeping and tax matters
You fit the bill if you have :
- 5-6 years of proven working experience as Accounting Manager in a MNC setup wherein you have developed budgets, tracked budgeted expenses, managed processes, proficiency in coordinating and motivating others
- 3-4 years exp. in managing closure of books and audit activities
- 3+ years’ experience in working on ERP systems like SAP, Oracle, Navision etc.
- Practical experience in handling closure of books for international entity
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to direct and supervise
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office