Key Account Manager- Medical Communications
Who we are:
CACTUS provides scientific writing services to the Top 10 global pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies. The team comprises writers with advanced degrees in medicine or the life sciences.
CACTUS is recognized for its expertise in providing publications and medcom services to global client teams from the US, UK, Germany, and Japan, among other geographies. CACTUS acts as a trusted advisor and works as an extension of its client teams by not only delivering high-quality work consistently but also providing strategic guidance for their medical communications needs. Clients value the flexible, innovative solutions provided by CACTUS that allows them to manage their budgets wisely and do more with less. Click on the link to watch a short video of what makes us Global Publication Experts: http://bit.ly/2vFUABT
CACTUS is a performance-driven company that offers excellent professional and personal growth opportunities to it employees. People with an international work experience will feel at home with the work culture at CACTUS.
The work environment is very employee-friendly, and CACTUS was placed 1st among mid-sized Indian companies in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey: http://bit.ly/2uiJmUv
- Ability to manage clients and existing accounts
- Build strong client relationships; grow accounts by spotting and fulfilling client needs
- Interact with clients regularly through in-person meetings, phone, and email
- Responding to client queries, sending quotations, and confirmations
- Acquiring new clients and ensuring the organic growth of existing client accounts. Generating proposals and RFIs for client bidding
- Work with clients and internal staff to plan and coordinate their projects from inception, meeting requirements and ensuring completion on time, within cost and to required quality standards
- Assist with project planning, including resource forecasting, timelines, and budget
- Prioritize and monitor the completion of tasks on a daily and weekly basis.
- Coordinate with team members on a daily basis to ensure operational efficiency
- Work directly with internal teams to ensure client expectations are being met on time, on target, and on budget
- Management of multiple publications/ med communication projects across multiple clients and therapeutic areas
- Ability to coordinate and implement successful projects from start to finish.
Desired Candidate Profile
- 1-3 years of program management (or related) experience within a medical communications company, or in a pharmaceutical industry setting.
- Have a Masters/ Ph.D. in a medical or life science domain
- Strong client management/hands-on account experience would be an added advantage
- Be self-motivated and eager to take on challenges
- Display a strong ability to learn continuously
- Thrive in an unstructured, high growth environment
- Be able to work in teams that are diverse and remotely located
- Be able to multi-task and possess good time management skills
- Have excellent command over the English language (especially email writing skills)
- Have good comprehension, negotiation, and analytical skills
- Be able to handle pressure and make correct decisions