Key Account Manager, Japan
Who we are:
CACTUS provides scientific writing services to the Top 10 global pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies. The team comprises of writers with advanced degrees in medicine or the life sciences.
CACTUS is recognized for its expertise in providing publications and medcom services to global client teams from the US, UK, Germany, and Japan, among other geographies. CACTUS acts as a trusted advisor and works as an extension of its client teams by not only delivering high-quality work consistently but also providing strategic guidance for their medical communications needs. Clients value the flexible, innovative solutions provided by CACTUS that allow them to manage their budgets wisely and do more with less. Click on the link to watch a short video of what makes us global publication experts: http://bit.ly/2vFUABT
CACTUS is a performance-driven company that offers excellent professional and personal growth opportunities to its employees. People with an international work experience will feel at home with the work culture at CACTUS.
The work environment is very employee-friendly, and CACTUS was placed 1st among mid-sized Indian companies in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey: http://bit.ly/2uiJmUv
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ability to manage clients and existing accounts
- Development of pursuit strategies, honing proposal and pitch materials, and maintaining communications with prospective clients.
- Navigating through the client organization and identifying new business relationships while working closely with delivery and operations team to develop materials including case studies, initial POVs on clients’ business needs and coordinating strategic presentations.
- Maintaining and presenting Key Account Plan for your set of accounts (strategic document with client organograms, key stakeholders, relationship matrix, levers for growing the account, progress tracker etc.)
- Demonstrating excellent team management skills and operational/business management capabilities.
- Management of multiple publications/ med communication projects across multiple clients and therapeutic areas
- Responding to client queries, sending quotations, and confirmations
- Work with clients and internal staff to plan and coordinate their projects from inception, meeting requirements and ensuring completion on time, within cost and to required quality standards
- Coordinate with team members daily to ensure operational efficiency
- Communicating effectively with clients over email and telephone
- Prioritize and monitor the completion of tasks on a daily and weekly basis.
- Ability to coordinate and implement successful projects from start to finish.
What’s in it for you?
- Global Exposure: We work with the top 10 pharmaceutical companies across the globe. So you can be assured that you get the best experience in terms of the profile you handle.
- Culture & Team: We never stop recruiting the best people because without an amazing team nothing is possible. People at CACTUS are awesome to work with, driven, smart and know how to get things done like nobody else.
- Learn & Grow: Our goal is to keep you as long as possible and help you build a career with us. We do this by creating an environment where you will grow both personally and professionally.
- Satisfaction & Recognition: With some of the biggest names across the globe as existing clients, doors will open and conversations will flow. You will see the results of your efforts translate into maximum impact. With a competitive salary and our recognition programmes, you will be rewarded for your success.
You fit the role if you have
- 2-4 years of account manager (or related) experience within a medical communications company, or in pharmaceutical industry setting
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, candidates with an advanced degree are encouraged to apply
- Have excellent command over English language (especially email writing skills)
- Have good comprehension, negotiation and analytical skill
- A comprehensive understanding of client business goals and strategic imperatives, and the ability to help the pitch team develop deliverables including written and creative assignments that reflect the client’s needs.
- Experience creating written proposals
- Ability to multitask
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Strong client management/hands on account experience
- Experience with both international and domestic clients/accounts