Analyst, IT Support
Who we are:
Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com ) is a leading provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English language workshops, transcription, and translation. Our company mission is to enable growth through effective communication.
Editage (www.editage.com), a division of Cactus Communications is a consumer-technology business that helps researchers, scientists and doctors overcome barriers of the English language in getting their cutting-edge research published globally. Having worked with over 250,000 scientists globally, supporting almost a million papers, Editage is now working with societies, publishers and universities to help bring the world’s best and most important research to public around the world, thinking beyond the traditional article that has served research publishing for over 2 centuries.
People with an international work experience will feel at home with the work culture at CACTUS.
CACTUS was placed 1st among mid-sized Indian companies in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey: http://bit.ly/2uiJmUv
We were recently ranked #18 in the top 25 Best Small & Medium Workplaces in Asia – 2018, a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute
CACTUS was also ranked 1st as Best Organization for Women Empowerment / Women Talent Development in 2019
We are looking for a self-motivated person, with at least 3+ years of experience Proven and work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role and also:
- Is strong with Email (Exchange), Windows OS and Systems.
- Has good communication skill.
- Has hands-on experience on Linux/Mac OS environments.
- Has a good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products.
- Has the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues and familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk and ticketing software.
- Is excellent in problem-solving and communication skills ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- An additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, MAC, ITIL or similar technologies is a plus.
You will be required to:
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including Laptop configuration, account setup and network configuration.
- Drive technical issues till resolution, within agreed time limits.
- Ensure all issues are properly logged and communicated to the end user on a timely basis.
- Prioritize and manage Incidents and Service requests.
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
The following would help you be an ideal fit for this role:
- Should be comfortable for 24x7 Support.
- Should research and identify solutions of software and hardware issues
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills,
- Interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution. Either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue on remote locations
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal SME’s or teams or external vendor and follow-up till closure
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to end users
- Refer to internal knowledge database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Have a Bachelor's degree in B.Sc/BCA/B.Tech/BE
- Have 3+ years of experience
- Have sufficient knowledge about Windows OS & Hardware troubleshooting, Office 365 Email, Skype, OneDrive related issue.
- Professional certification in MCITP, CCNA, MCSE, MCSA, ITIL will be a plus