Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com) is a tech-enabled scientific communications company that works with researchers on the B2C side and with life science companies on the B2B side. CACTUS is an innovation-driven business, has been voted to be among the best companies to work for over several years, and has a very fun, supportive, and caring culture.
Over 300,000 researchers across all major disciplines use our platform (www.editage.com) to achieve higher career impact through domain-specialized, high value content and editorial services. CACTUS also runs a large researcher support platform that enables researchers to advance their knowledge base, get access to relevant training programs, and access career development tools including a part-time / full-time jobs portal. CACTUS’ platform is very popular with leading research communities in China, Korea, and Japan, and the company is now rapidly expanding in India, Europe, and the Americas.
On the B2B side, CACTUS provides specialized communication services to pharmaceutical companies and biotech firms. This typically takes the form of customized content, data analysis reports and synthesis, infographics, animation and other material required to communication with physicians, regulators, and the general public.
Scientific research has been the raison d'être for the progress of human kind. Yet, scientific research itself is beholden to antiquated processes that have not changed significantly in 500 years. Cactus is reshaping the way research is conducted to improve its pace and effectiveness.
We are looking for leaders who want to reimagine research and communications, together with us. This is a role for someone who will emerge as a top leader in Cactus over the next 2 years.
- Scanning companies in identified strategic priorities for CACTUS for potential investment; For non-CACTUS, India based investments – deal sourcing, refining investment thesis.
- Initiating discussions and evaluating readiness of companies to receive investment
- Evaluation of business model, competitor analysis, valuation, due diligence (including expert discussions and customer references)
- Term sheet creation, negotiation and closure including coordination with legal for documentation
- Ongoing support to investment portfolio
Qualifications 7 Experience
- Strong academic credentials
- 2-5 years of experience post MBA
- Strong analytical abilities starting with financial analysis, but an ability to understand the forces of business above and beyond numbers
- Demonstrated passion for building strong, valuable and fun companies
- Prior experience and interest in venture funding
- Love for technology and the desire to understand it deep. This is not a role for the techno-phone or the tech-agnostic
- Ability to work independently and learn quickly
- Ability work across industry sectors, think about long terms trends and draw conclusion
- Problem-solving mindset and an attitude to take things to closure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills