Innovation Project Manager
Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com) is a leading provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English language workshops, transcription, and translation. Our company mission is to enable growth through effective communication.
Editage (www.editage.com), a division of Cactus Communications is a consumer-technology business that helps researchers, scientists, and doctors overcome barriers of the English language in getting their cutting-edge research published globally. Having worked with over 250,000 scientists globally, supporting almost a million papers, Editage is now working with societies, publishers and universities to help bring the world’s best and most important research to the public around the world, thinking beyond the traditional article that has served research publishing for over 2 centuries.
CACTUS is a performance-driven company that offers excellent professional and personal growth opportunities to its employees.
The work environment is very employee-friendly, and CACTUS was placed 1st among mid-sized Indian companies in the 2017 Great Places to Work survey: http://bit.ly/2uiJmUv
Structured and planned innovation is a vital component to ensuring business objectives are met and we are continuously improving. Listening to ideas from internal employees and external stakeholders is the cornerstone of innovation. Innovation Project Manager will own this journey from idea generation to execution in collaboration with business stakeholders.
Set up and drive a structured innovation program for internal and external stakeholders. Manage high impact projects and continuous improvement kaizens from idea to execution.
- Innovation Program - Conceptualizing and deploying a structured innovation program within the organization, targeted at both internal employees and external stakeholders.
- Idea management - Generating awareness and excitement amongst stakeholders and gathering ideas at all levels via innovation platform/tool. Managing ideas in terms of prioritization, identifying business impact and setting solver teams ensuring timely execution.
- Project management - Driving high impact projects using Lean, Six Sigma framework as well as kaizens (quick wins) for continuous improvement.
- Culture building - Building ‘Innovation champions’ such that continuous improvement culture permeates in the organization. Closing the loop with timely communication and recognition of idea originator.
- Complete ownership of the innovation desk (platform) – Categorizing / classifying ideas, making sure ideas are coming in the pipeline and moving across stages in a timely manner, managing and showcasing lead boards, etc.
Knowledge & Skills Preferred:
- For successful implementation of the role the candidate must have 2-3 years in an innovation management role with experience in project management and community building, business partnerships.
- Proven history in leading and delivery high-impact strategic projects. Should have worked with cross-functional teams. Attitude to get things done through collaboration and influence.
- Have at least 5 years overall experience, with 2-3 years specifically in an innovation management function.
- Communication skills: Good spoken English, should be articulate.
- Business partnership: Should be able to influence and collaborate well.
- Creative and innovative: Should be able to generate excitement and awareness to gather ideas across levels.
- MBA will be preferred.
- Must be able to liaise with members from different departments, multi-task, drive projects independently, plan and deliver against goals.