Head, NLP & AI
Looking for a Head of NLP and AI to work with India’s no.1 mid-sized company
The R&D team under the Technology department at CACTUS is seeking a Senior AI expert to lead the team that works on NLP and AI powered solutions.
We are a 100+ agile and driven technology team. Our products have a global reach with users in 170+ countries. We are hosted completely on Amazon cloud and employ various technologies like (but not limited to) AngularJS, Laravel, PHP, Solr, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Nodejs, Mongodb, Python, Tensorflow, Pytorch, Flair and more.
Unlike most techies, we are extremely social and believe that happiness levels are directly linked to performance. We are generous with our lunchboxes, quirks, smiles, and pranks – all of which help us maintain a vibrant work environment. What’s more - with the best work hours ethic in the industry and a company policy that takes fun very seriously, we make sure that we work hard and party harder!
- Lead the NLP team consisting of Linguists, data scientists, python developers, AI engineers and more.
- Own the vision, planning and execution of the language automation solution and tools.
- Work with engineering teams on data storage, data and model processing and deployment of the tools.
- Be the primary POC for the business and work with various stakeholders to understand the business requirements and be responsible and fully accountable for the output.
- Recruit, coach and develop a cross-skilled research team of data scientists, AI engineers and python developers and create a strong AI practice within the R&D team
- Be the primary decision maker for various R&D decisions like open source tools, pretrained models, human training interfaces, MVP deployment and more.
- Be a hands-on AI engineer who can code and setup an end to end production ready model.
- Minimum 3 years experience as dedicated hands on AI engineer.
- Minimum 7 years working with Technology teams.
- Minimum 4 years spent in leadership positions reporting to V and C levels.
- Hands on at least one of the big data ecosystems (Hadoop, Redshift-EMR etc)
- Very good experience with Tensorflow
- Preferred experience with at least one of pytorch, caffe, Keras
- Deep understanding of word embeddings, vectorization, NLP, language based deep learning models.
- Good experience with working with Sagemaker, TPUs and google cloud.
- Deep understanding of CNN, LSTM, capsule networks and bidirectional networks.
- Proven experience of working with unstructured data and creating relationship and structure around it to solve strategic, tactical, structured, and unstructured business problems
- Deep Experience in predictive analytics and statistical modeling.
- Exposure in successfully making use of one or more of the following: Logistic Regression Multivariate Regression, Support Vector Machines, Stochastic Processes, Decision Trees, Lifetime analysis, common clustering algorithms, Optimization
- Experience with one or more visualization tools like Tableau, Qlickview, Cognos, PowerBi etc
This position reports to the CTO.