Head, Customer Service
Head, Customer Service is a high impact role central to CACTUS' success. This role offers a unique opportunity to deeply understand customer needs and be the voice of the customer for CACTUS. You will engage customers – usually researchers publishing cutting edge research in academic journals, You will also manage relationships with our universities, journal and publisher partners, and be exposed to the STM publication industry. As AVP, Customer Service, you will manage a multi-cultural, cross-geographical team of customer service managers who handle our customer interactions across the globe. Customer service managers are the first point of human interaction in customer’s journey. They are key enablers in converting, retaining and delighting customers.
You will work closely across levels with senior and middle level leadership including the co-founders, heads of departments, process managers, service delivery heads and market heads with a vision to be one step ahead of customer requirements. You will be exposed to customers and their needs across international markets such as Japan, South Korea, China, and rest of the world. You will be the voice of the customer, and your goal will be to ensure the highest level of customer delight at every interaction. Your customer obsession , people management, operations management, problem-solving and decision-making skills will be critical to your success in this role.
- Ensure customer satisfaction at each interaction, within a defined TAT, and create case studies to provide recommendations for service enhancement
- Deep dive into customer interactions where we could not fulfill our customer’s need and recommend process improvements and opportunities for new service offerings, with the goal of zero rejections.
- Provide guidance to customer service managers and drive a customer obsessed culture through best practice and knowledge sharing across cross-market teams.
- Identify continuous process and system improvement opportunities and driving them through technology or manual improvements with the goal of achieving highest efficiency feasible.
- Capacity, shift-management, escalation-management and BCP planning to ensure that we are available for our customers, when they need us.
- Be voice of the customer while working with internal stakeholders to drive best in industry service experience for our customers through 100% on-time deliveries and zero service related complaints.
- Be a role-model and drive high engagement culture with emphasis on team-work, meaning and pride.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience as head of customer service, preferably in retail industry.
- Prior experience in leading and collaborating with a multi-cultural team, spread across several locations.
- Passion for solving business problems through technology.
- Track record of scaling operations and driving execution, in a growing environment
- Excellent numerical, decision-making and influencing skills
- Application process
Candidates will be required to go through 3-4 rounds of interview and complete a case study. They may be also asked to take some additional behavioural assessment which will be informed at the beginning of the selection process.
If you think, this profile suits your candidature, please send in an updated copy of your profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.