Head of Business Intelligence / Business Analyst
Looking for a Head of Business Intelligence/Business Analyst to work with India’s no.1 mid-sized workplace
Cactus Communications (www.cactusglobal.com ) is a leading provider of communication solutions, including academic and scientific editing, medical communications, publication support services, English language workshops, transcription, and translation. Our company mission is to enable growth through effective communication.
Editage (www.editage.com) a division of Cactus Communications provides high-quality services to academic, publishing, and pharmaceutical communities.
The R&D team under the Technology department at CACTUS is seeking a Head of Business Intelligence to lead a new function that helps drive the business by partnering with business heads and on ground teams solve business challenges by employing scientific techniques for data analysis, data gathering, warehousing and predictive analysis.
- Work closely with functional and operational teams across the business to understand their data needs and develop solutions that allow them to make data-informed decisions
- Work with the data warehouse engineering team and guide them on ETL process and schema design
- Work with data visualization tools (IBM Watson, Tableau etc.) to create real time visuals that give proactive steps to support the business
- Develop forecasting models for key business services and answers to key questions
- Work with engineering and business teams to transform unstructured data into stories that can be easily digested by business for better understanding of the data and/or come up with targeted next steps
- Set goals and drive the overall roadmap for the BI team
- Understand the business and industry and expand the reach of warehousing by identifying and integrating internal and external sources of information
- Identify patterns within the business and the industry and help guide the business direction
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience playing the role of data driven Business Intelligence/Business Analyst
- Excellent command over excel/pivots/solver
- Minimum 5 years working closely with Marketing and Sales teams
- Proven experience of working with unstructured data and creating relationship and structure around it to solve strategic, tactical, structured, and unstructured business problems
- Experience with at least one of the big data ecosystems (Hadoop, Redshift-EMR etc)
- Deep experience in predictive analytics and statistical modelling
- Experience in successfully making use of three or more of the following: Logistic Regression Multivariate Regression, Support Vector Machines, Stochastic Processes, Decision Trees, Lifetime analysis, common clustering algorithms, Optimization
- Experience with one or more visualization tools like Tableau, Qlickview, Cognos, PowerBi etc.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience with or in the academia/scientific publishing industry
- Experience with neo4j, graphQL OR similar graph databases
- Experience with Natural Language Processing and Stanford’s NLTK
The role reports to the VP of Engineering.
Job location: Andheri West, Mumbai
- Application process
The selection process involves three rounds of interviews