Head, Big Data
Looking for a Head of Big data to work with India’s no.1 mid-sized company
The R&D team under the Technology department at CACTUS is seeking a Senior data expert to lead the team that works on data acquisition, harvesting and analysis.
We are a 100+ agile and driven technology team. Our products have a global reach with users in 170+ countries. We are hosted completely on Amazon cloud and employ various technologies like (but not limited to) AngularJS, Laravel, PHP, Solr, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Nodejs, Mongodb, Python, Redshift, Tensorflow, Pytorch, Flair and more.
Unlike most techies, we are extremely social and believe that happiness levels are directly linked to performance. We are generous with our lunchboxes, quirks, smiles, and pranks – all of which help us maintain a vibrant work environment. What’s more - with the best work hours ethic in the industry and a company policy that takes fun very seriously, we make sure that we work hard and party harder!
- Own the vision, planning and execution of the data scraping, harvesting, structuring and analytics.
- Own the full ETL process for data warehousing.
- Recruit, coach and develop a cross-skilled research team of python developers, data warehouse experts, dba and create a strong data practice within the R&D team
- Collaborate with devops teams on data storage, data middleware processing and deployment of the tools.
- Be the primary POC for the business and work with various stakeholders to understand the business requirements and be responsible and fully accountable for the output.
- Build multi-faceted, multipurpose API layers such that various other products can consume the data.
- Be the primary decision maker for various R&D decisions like open source tools, data warehousing solutions, data transformation middleware, human moderation interfaces, MVP deployment and more.
- Work with third party agencies/developers to gain speed on the project and deployment of tools.
- Be a hands-on python engineer who can code and setup an end to end production ready data harvesting and deployment solution.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as dedicated hands on data engineer and 7 years working with Technology teams.
- Hands on at least one of the big data ecosystems (Hadoop, Redshift-EMR etc)
- Very good experience with data scraping and structuring and deep understanding of open source scraping tools, xpath, json and more.
- Very good experience with elasticsearch and kibana.
- Excellent command over SQL.
- Good understanding of distributed data storage, indexing and sharing and graph databases.
- Experience with at least of the many no-sql/document databases.
- Exposure in successfully making use of one or more of the following: Logistic Regression Multivariate Regression, Support Vector Machines, Stochastic Processes, Decision Trees, Lifetime analysis, common clustering algorithms, Optimization
- Experience with one or more visualization tools like Tableau, Qlickview, Cognos, PowerBi etc
This position reports to the CTO.