Graphic Designer (Freelancer)
About Cactus Communications
Cactus Communications is a leading provider of scientific communication services to more than 60,000 clients across 116 countries. CACTUS offers specialist academic editing, medical communications, publication support, transcription, translation, and training services to individuals and corporations across sectors such as academia, publishing and pharmaceuticals.
Editage (www.editage.com ) a division of Cactus Communications provides high-quality services to academic, publishing, and pharmaceutical communities.
CACTUS is looking for a freelance graphic designer to work on preparing images to be used in the academic publishing/medical illustration field.
Your job will include but not be limited to the following:
- Format images (resolution, sizing, font, image type) based on client requirements.
- Work with clients and in-house team to create a visually appealing summary of clients’ research (e.g., graphical abstracts, table of contents graphics).
- Develop concepts, graphics and layouts for company logos, report templates, leaflets, brochures and other material.
- Review final layouts and suggest improvements if required.
A successful applicant should be able to :
- Plan concepts by studying information and materials.
- Illustrate concepts by designing a rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and other related aesthetic concepts.
- Exhibit superior interpersonal skills and possess the ability to proactively collaborate within a cross-functional team.
- Exhibit strong attention to detail and a commitment to delivering highly-polished graphic-bsed prototypes under tight time constraints.
You’re cut-out for this job if you have 1-3 years of experience in working with formatting and creating images, posters, handouts, etc. Experience in academic publishing/pharma industries is a plus.
- Result orientation
- Communicating with Impact
- Process oriented
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign