Editor, Physical Sciences & Engineering (Fulltime; Work-from-home)
Are you looking for a fulltime job opportunity that does not require you to travel?
- The average person spends 33 hours a month commuting to and from office. Put this time to better use!
- According to this Gallup poll, 37% of US employees already ‘telecommute’ (work from home). This trend is catching on in India, too.
- Telecommute jobs are just as important as office-based ones. Technology empowers you to work from anywhere.
- Cactus Communications has consistently ranked among the top 20 on the global list of the Top 100 Companies for Telecommute Jobs (Forbes.com) since 2016.
- CACTUS is proud to be ranked 1st among India’s Great Mid-Size Workplaces – 2017 in a study conducted by Great Place to Work® Institute India in association with MINT, by HT Media.
At Cactus Communications, you can join a team of highly skilled editors who are experts in various academic fields. We’re currently hiring Editors on a fulltime work-from-home basis in the Physical Sciences and Engineering.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Edit manuscripts written by non-native authors to ensure that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
- Adhere to job-specific instructions and format manuscripts according to the target journal when required
- Understand client and industry requirements and adapt working approach accordingly
- Meet deadlines
- Receive training to become adept at the points mentioned above
WHY THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY
- Flexibility. You can work from anywhere in India.
- You will receive training to become adept at editing.
- You will have unlimited access to exclusive interviews with industry experts, articles on the latest industry trends, and publication and writing tips on our learning and discussion platform.
- At CACTUS, you will be exposed to research carried out worldwide and will get an insider’s view of the burgeoning, multi-million-dollar publishing industry.
WHAT YOU NEED
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s/PhD degree in any sub-specialization of the physical sciences & engineering fields
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written English skills and attention to detail
New college or university graduates are welcome to apply.
- Application process
How to apply:
- Take this short practice test to get a sense of the type of questions asked: bit.ly/mock-mcqs
- Got most of them correct? Proceed to the actual test: bit.ly/cactusediting
- Not quite there yet? Take this free self-paced course on the basics of language and editing: bit.ly/cactuseditingbasics
Once you are done, you should be better prepared for the actual test.
If you face any difficulties while attempting the test, email us at email@example.com.
For other open positions, visit cactusglobal.com/careers
Note: This is a fulltime opportunity, not part-time or freelance