Want to work with India’s no.1 mid-sized company? Let’s talk!
The Technology Team at CACTUS is looking for a Data Analyst for Editage our primary line of business.
The Product & Technology team at CACTUS drives product design, execution & user experience for over 100,000 external customers across geographies and cultures.
Our products range from workflow solutions to websites, to new experimental features for our end customers to complex algorithms. They are the reason internal customers can do their jobs more easily and faster than ever before. They are the reason our end customers prefer us over competition.
We are a 60+ extremely agile and driven technology team. Our products have a global reach with users in 170+ countries. We are hosted completely on Amazon cloud and employ multiple technologies – angularJS, Laravel, PHP, Drupal, Solr, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, nodejs, mongodb, python, ansible, graylog, and new relic.
Unlike most techies, we are extremely social and believe that happiness levels are directly linked to performance. We are generous with our lunchboxes, quirks, smiles, and pranks – all of which help us maintain a charged-up work environment.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to work with product, engineering, and design to translate business problems and questions into analysis requirements and gather data from multiple sources to complete the analysis. This is the perfect role for someone who wants to continue to grow their technical data skills as well as the strategic thinking and communication skills required to drive meaningful impact through data.
- Empower teams with data:
- Work with the leadership, product, content and marketing teams (and others) to bring data to their fingertips
- Give each team access to all the tools and data they need, so that every decision they make is backed up with solid data and analysis
- Help instill a ‘data driven’/’data informed’ culture:
- Be the voice of data within the organization
- Find creative and insightful ways to publish and promote how we’re performing on key metrics
- Play an integral role in new initiatives and projects across the organization:
- Ensure there is strong analytics input into the evaluation and prioritization of new opportunities
- Help set the goals and define the evaluation methodology for each initiative
- Provide objective evaluations post implementation
- Be an independent research powerhouse:
- Conduct exploratory analysis and modeling to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Work with the product, engineering, and design teams to ensure your results have a meaningful impact on product and strategy
- Continually improve our data infrastructure:
- Work with our Big Data teams to verify the accuracy of data captured across products.
- Provide inputs on the Big Data roadmap for new instrumentation and logging based on evolving business needs.
- Proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, macros, functions, etc).
- Experience with SQL script writing to pull data from data warehouse tables.
- Prior experience using Tableau (or comparable tool) to create visual data presentations.
- Prior experience with Business Objects to organize and report data.
- Knowledge of relational databases and data warehouse principles.
- Knowledge of statistics (e.g. multivariate statistics, predictive)
- (Plus) Proficient running numerical and statistical analysis with massive data sets using Python or R
- Work independently with minimum supervision, and to collaborate effectively as part of a team.
- High degree of flexibility, versatility, and self-motivation are key.
- Willingness and desire to learn and grow.
2+ years of experience in a similar role as a Data Analyst, Business Analyst or Product Analyst.